• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 gpw StormTrooper

Well I've had almost every honda from my first car 89 civic to my rhd eg6 to my 2000 integra type r and even a 2001 rhd vgs s2000 and everything in between I've finally picked up my dream car. its a 92 gpw nsx with 104xxx miles which I flew down to San Diego to buy and drove back to Tacoma Washington.

A few pics from when I first picked her up..

my first mod was to get rid of the stock exhaust decided to go with the pride v2 but eventually would like to get the j's racing or do a custom exhaust.

chose to upgrade the radiator with a koyo and went with scw brackets and black nrg fender washers.

I'm not a fan of the stock shift boot and the knob that came with the car was an ebay one was went with an integra type r boot and tried this karcepts shift knob. It felt great but I thought I was a little big and have always been a fan of the spoon knob so I went with that and picked up a few other spoon goodies. Also installed the crafty plugs push start button kit.

So during most of this time the car had been at SpeedFactory in Tacoma wa. If you haven't heard of these guys google them lol I've know them from about the beginning and there's no one I trust more with my cars then these guys. They own some of the fastest drag Hondas out there and have broken and currently hold several records.
I had all my maintenance done timing belt,pump, gaskets etc. so while the car was down I decided to have my valve covers hydro dipped in tiger digi camo and had the guys at SF make me a custom aluminum intake. I also ordered and waited 3 months to have my 9 piece samco hose kit made.

i also have an aluminum coolant tank that I'm waiting to put on with the samco hose kit. That's about it for now but hopefully I will have suspension and wheels before summer. Sorry for all the cell phone pics hopefully will get some better pics taken this summer.

I've seen you car before near the speed factory both racing season. Zol is an old buddy of my. I have gpw one also. Has black ce28, r wing, etc. Maybe you've seen it. Welcome!

Can't ask for a better shop/guys to have work on your car than Speedfactory. Matt, Ricky, Kevin and the rest are all top notch dudes and know what the F they're doing.

I miss living out there, for reasons specifically listed in this thread. However, I don't miss the traffic!

Car looks great. Have fun with the build. It's nice to have another NSX up here.

thanks hopefully will be able to meet some more local nsx owners this summer!!

- - - Updated - - -

Can't ask for a better shop/guys to have work on your car than Speedfactory. Matt, Ricky, Kevin and the rest are all top notch dudes and know what the F they're doing.

I miss living out there, for reasons specifically listed in this thread. However, I don't miss the traffic!
And that's the truth!!

Update**
picked up a few goodies most of which I haven't installed yet but will get to it sometime this month
tein monoflex
spoon steering wheel with nrg hub and asr 4inch spacer
02 rear valence
rebadged with Honda emblems
enkei rpf1 17/18 with falken azenis

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 221
*update!!
suspension-check!
wheels/tires/brakes-check!
steering wheel-check!
looking fresh and clean-check and check!!

looks nice but.......... trusting Aftermarket $4.00 coolant pipes could cost you more in the long run

and changing the air filter geez talk about take the engine out to do an oil change

they put NSX airboxes into S2000 because they allow more air than ANY other setup. it was designed like that.

not bashing It looks cool I like the digital valve covers and intake cover. very different.

Those "coolant pipes" are samco hoses suppose to be the same or better then oem and cost a couple hundred dollars and this set is hard to find. I knew I might lose power with the intake but it sounds amazing. I didn't buy my nsx to go fast I could have built another turbo civic or integra and make 700+hp easily for a fraction on the cost of my x but I'm done with that just want something nice to Cruise on sunny days!!

Last edited:
What does putting on the spoon calipers on involve? which application do you use? I saw a thread on here but it wasn't very clear.

I know it wasn't very clear I just gave it a chance since I've always wanted these but most of the stuff on here was correct. First off I used the Spoon monoblock 45020-MBF-GOO (Accord type R/TSX). The brake pads I used were s2000 ap1 or ap2 they are the same. The clips had to be removed but they did fit. The dust shield on the car needed to be notched out to fit the brackets for the caliper. Then I used 97+ rotors. Everything pretty much just went together!!

Last edited:
Car looks good! Gotta love the GPW with black top. So classic!

The intake may not add horsepower but it does open up the engine bay space. I think a mesh NSX-R type engine cover would really frame your valve covers and intake plate nicely.

A pic from the car show at import face off. Only me and Rusted-nailz he took the best exotic!! Mine couldn't compete his interior is so well done!!

That me would awesome your pictures look great and I would appreciate having some nice pics of my car rather then bad ones taken by me and my iPhone..

List of current mods!!

tein mono flex
Enkei rpf1 17/18 w/ falken azenis
rays lug nuts
stoptech slotted rotors and ss lines
asr 4inch hub spacer
nrg short hub
integra type r shift boot
s2k push start
97+ front lip
02 oem rear valence
difflow rear diffuser(not installed yet)
f1 style rear brake light with flasher
Jdm na1 front emblem
honda rear emblem
nrg fender washer kit
SpeedFactory aluminum intake/vibrant filter
Pride v2 exhaust and test pipes
Hydro dipped digi camo valve covers
aluminum coolant tank
Koyo radiator/scw brackets
samco hoses
Spoon calipers
Spoon shift knob
Spoon steering wheel
Spoon oil cap
Spoon radiator cap

- - - Updated - - -

A few pics from a photo session with cullencheungphotos!!

Back