• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

93 Automatic to 95+ Fmatic (Sportshift) conversion?

Hi, I've tried doing some homework before posting to see if anyone had experiences in a conversion of a normal earlier auto to the F-matic (Sportshift), but I couldn't find any. So, any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Is it possible, if so, how hard is it? Rough estimate of cost? Potential problems? I just assumed since I think the engine for autos did not change for later years (still 3.0L NA1 4 spd), and if the newer shift is also from Acura, to me (naively), it seems like quite doable!

I'm fine with my auto, but if I could add an extra component of fun, why not? Thanks :p

Will

why not do a auto to stick conversion instead lol / i kid

Seems doable. You probably would need a 95+ AT computer plus all of the controls and wiring, but I don't think the guts of the AT itself changed.

I've been wondering if a newer tsx/ rdx steering wheel with the paddle shifters could be made to work on my auto. Yeah the stick conversion would solve the shifting, but my situation after having back surgery it bothers my back to shift pressing the clutch and gas repetivly. Oh and my giant foot hitting the clutch... I test drove a stick first, but it wasn't as fun as stick used to be.
Sorry it's somewhat off topic, just thought if your thinking going to the tiptronic/auto stick. Maybe look into using paddles to shift with? If it would work it'd be pretty sweet, it's what I'm going to look into with in a year or so.

Back