• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

93 Forumla Red - street car that will see track.

Hello Guys! Welcome to my journal. This thread will be the place that i share all my pictures and progresses with the NSX.
Car is a 93 all original with 33k miles at the moment, I had it shipped all the way from Texas to WA, then brought it over to Canada.

My goal in building the NSX is to make it a track car that can be driven to longer distance tracks (3-8 hours) in somewhat of a comfortable way in comparison to my 87 Porsche 911. The carrera is stripped with no heat, cooling nor even fresh air, so it does get cold/hot/foggy inside and very noisy.

As of today, I haven't done any modification to the NSX yet, but I have collected some parts already and hopefully I will start to put stuff on early in the spring.

Last edited:
Wow, great purchase. And great quality mods you have. The car will look great once all parts are on. Did you consider a different caliper color given you have the red car? Where did you order your BBK from?

Thanks for the compliments!
As for the BBK, I considered silver calipers, but they could not offer as good of a price as the red calipers. So I just went with red, don't really mind what colour as long as they work good. I ordered them from Thmotorsports, best price i could find. If you are looking to order a set, I will pm you my sales guys info.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice NSX! Looks like somebody has the MOD bug pretty bad. Looking forward to pics of those gorgeous wheels and the BBK.

haha Thanks Wizard! Mod bug wins every time so far, super slippery slope as people say.

a set of TE37 SL showed up today. 17x8 +38 and 18x10 +40. I will probably end up sell the Advans, going to use those TE37s instead. Also workbell steering wheel hub arrived today after waited over a month, very good quality stuff, but price was high too for just a hub and there was no other choices.

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking next week I will start to put the mods on the car slowly.

Started some simple stuff last night. got the car on jack stands, drained oil and transmission fluid then pulled the bumper off to install the STMPO front chassis brace while soaking up some nuts on the suspension for the removal in the next few days. I found the bumper cover can be removed by itself then remove the crash beam and washer bottle make things a lot easier. I will finish the front bar install tonight.

Last edited:
Looks great. Was it a hard process removing the front bumper?

Thanks man! Removing the bumper was pretty easy, remove the fender liner, a few bolts here and there and it just pulls right off. first time took me a little longer maybe 2 hours with checking manual and all. I think next time it will probably take 30-45 mins.

Thanks cantdrive55! Can't wait to try out the brakes, I like the feel of the stock brakes. but having a 997tt, also 3.2 carrera with 930 turbo brakes, the stock brakes feel weak and need upgraded for my likes. plus our local track is super hard on the brakes with many bus stop turns.

Just a little update. I am in the process to removing front control arms and inner up rights as well as rear beam to send to titaniumdave for some bearings. will also install the kws and stoptechs when everything goes back together. I have pulled most of the front suspension apart, but project stalled from lacking of proper tool for the ball joint. Ordered a Hodna ball joint tool part # 07MAC-SL00102 today, hopefully I will have it sometime next week to remove the control arms.
in the mean time, I will move on to the rear of the car. still gotta remove the rear beam as well as the oil pan to weld in the baffle.

I found the front hub/bearing carrier is a beautiful piece of engineering. had to snap a photo to show you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent choice in mods. I'm glad you aren't taking short cuts.

Thanks Synth! To me the NSX is a totally special car, any mod that goes on the car has to be quality or no mod. :)

Last edited:
Awesome build so far and I like your choice of parts!

I really like the TE37s and the Advans are also nice. Where did you order them from if I might ask? How long was the wait time?

Thanks in advance

Expect quite a bit of rubbing if you plan to use a 235/40/17 on that 17x8 +38.
Otherwise, good work!

Awesome build so far and I like your choice of parts!

I really like the TE37s and the Advans are also nice. Where did you order them from if I might ask? How long was the wait time?

Thanks in advance

Thanks! The wheels I got were all in stock items. I guess if special order, they would take a couple months. TE37s came from Dali Racing and advans from a local seller here in Vancouver.

- - - Updated - - -

Expect quite a bit of rubbing if you plan to use a 235/40/17 on that 17x8 +38.
Otherwise, good work!

Thanks! I am expecting some rubbing as I did a lot of reading on this subject. I will be running close to -3 degree of camber in the front, so hopefully that will minimize the rubbing.
do you have any tips that can hopefully make things a little easier?

Thanks a lot!

WOW, you sure didn't waste anytime for mods. BBks make a huge difference braking in the NSX over stock brakes. I have a full set of Brembo Indys on my NSX

Bryan

Thank Bryan! I'd kill for a set of brembo indys, too expensive for me. I even cheaped out on the stoptech trophys after i found out the only difference is 1lb saving per caliper.

- - - Updated - - -

Found a little bit more time today, removed some stuff from rear of the car in preparation to drop the rear beam and oil pan.
Took out the muffler, cats and connect pipes, as well as a sub brace and some other bits here and there. Removing the exhaust parts were pretty easy, sprayed all the rusty nuts with aero kroil a few minutes before, they all came off fine and only 1 stud backed out. then I went to remove the rear brakes, the rotors gave me hell because the screws on the rotor just won't turn, I even broke my easy out tool. I guess I will have to drill them out tomorrow. funny my front rotors didn't have those security screw installed, don't know why.

Last edited:
Those stock exhaust manifolds need to come off. I saw you had an oil pan baffle so do it while you are removing the oil pan. You can go aftermarket headers but I went the cheep way and used na2 exhaust manifolds. They flow real well and with my turbo setup I make lots of torque.

Speaking of turbo........................400rwhp would be real nice for the track. If you are going in that direction, get a smaller turbo that spins up to full boost by 3500 or lower. 8 psi should be the ticket.

Don't forget to do all the coolant hoses if they have not been done in the last 7-8 years.

Subscribed. I like the mods, and you went straight into turning this stocker into a track beast! Well done

Thanks for the kind words!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the advise.
For removing the oil pan, on my car looks like once the connecting pipe is off, there is enough clearance to remove the pan. I have checked the inner bank header removal, and it looks to be PITA because that bank is tilted up. Don't know if I will have the extra $$$ to do headers and exhaust this year, I will probably just put a pair of test pipes and call it a day for now.
Turbo is fun, unfortunately the NSX has to stay NA for the ease of drive and lower maintenance because it will see many track days; I am afraid turbo will kill the engine rather quick if tracked heavily. Good call on the coolant hoses, I am draining the coolants, should have those replaced at the same time.

Those stock exhaust manifolds need to come off. I saw you had an oil pan baffle so do it while you are removing the oil pan. You can go aftermarket headers but I went the cheep way and used na2 exhaust manifolds. They flow real well and with my turbo setup I make lots of torque.

Speaking of turbo........................400rwhp would be real nice for the track. If you are going in that direction, get a smaller turbo that spins up to full boost by 3500 or lower. 8 psi should be the ticket.

Don't forget to do all the coolant hoses if they have not been done in the last 7-8 years.

In the last few days, i only spent very little time on the car. drained the coolant, jb welded a couple 4mm spacers on the stmpo front brace, removed oil pan and finished removal of all the brake components. Also ordered some Torco RTF to try out in the transmisson and a pair of 570lb front springs from KW.

Last edited:
Back