• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 nsx

Hey guys i have a quick question for you. I'm a college student at UMass Amherst. Always have loved NSX's and have had the dream of owning one for a long time. Been in touch with a guy who moved to FL. He's selling his 1995 NSX with 76,000 miles on it for $12,000. Price seems really low for the car.. claims no accidents. He seems like a nice guy in the emails. This is the email he sent me. Just want an alternative view from actual owners. Seem like a scam?

I recently moved to (censored his location) FL. My final price is $12,000 this includes the shipping, insurance and transaction fees.
The transaction will be done trough Google Checkout, so everything will go smooth. You will receive the car for inspection before you make any payment to me.
So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the car before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have 5 days to inspect it.
You can read more about https://sites.google.com/site/mapterms

They will keep your money into a protection account until you get the car and will release it to me after inspection period is over and you agree to keep it.
If you decide not to keep it, Google Checkout will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back will be my concern.
But I assure you won't be the case. I think this is more than fair for both of us.

Now, if you are serious about this and want to move forward, just email me back with:
- Your Full Name - Required by Google Checkout (The name is use for the transfer of the title. You'll receive important guidelines + payment instructions from them)
The payment method will be bank-to-bank wire transfer.
- Your Shipping Address - Where do you want to receive the car. Shipping company is ( Dependable Auto Shippers ) the car will be delivered in 4-6 days at your door.
All documents you need for ownership, manuals, title and bill of sale will be provided along with the car.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully I can own an NSX soon :)

This is absolutely a scam. The major indicators are:

-unrealistic pricing ($12K is way off for a 1995 NSX)
-illusion of safety provided by a supposed escrow service (Google Checkout does not work in the way described in the ad)
-payment method is a bank-to-bank wire transfer (extremely hard to reverse)
-shoddy language with cut-and-paste elements

Too good to be true

Save your money and put it into your college education. Sorry to say it but if you believed this crap for even a nanosecond you could use some more learning.........

Don't you have to be smart to get into UMass Amherst? Your Black Accord looks nice next to the 80's era Red Corvette in your driveway.

Last edited:
I was indeed very skeptical about this from the start. I guess my desire to have an NSX was just way too high and disregarded that is was a scam. Thank you guys for your responses. I really appreciate them and hopefully someday ill be able to join this club without buying as scam.

Agreed this is a SCAM! The only way would be for you to hold the money... nobody else... unless it is your own financial institution.

I ran into an unbelievable amount of scams when I was in my search. The best one even had a shipping web site created that looked very profesiional. BUT I happened to click on any of the links on the home page, they went nowhere.

I turned them all in after awhile, but I don't think anything ever became of my reports.

I confronted a couple of the scammers and they got mad at me... I was like, hey I'm a working stiff, working hard to make a buck and you are the one trying to rip me off. They usually wanted some type of wire fund transfer, like Western Union.

Your story sounds very similar to the one's I heard in my search. Basically, it seemed like the asking prices were at least 1/2 of what they should have been. A deal almost too good to be true. They normally wanted two to three thousand wired to cover expenses or hold the vehicle and many had some type of supposedly holding company that would hold your money until you saw the car and then if you decided it wasn't all they said it was, they would refund your money.

I'd say, stick with school and keep looking. It took me several years to find my NSX and I ran into so many scams, I became fairly good at recognizing them. I couldn't believe there were so many. It made me all the more cautious when it came time to finally make a deal.

I think that some people get confused when they hear that an NSX is an affordable super car and get visions of all sorts of low prices out there. An NSX is extremely cheap for what you get, but that doesn't necessarily make it a cheap car. Low production and high demand keep the prices on these vehicles fairly high relative to their year & HP. While buying this car is a bargain, don't always expect to find Walmart pricing when you are shopping. Mostly the cars are a bargain compared to other exotics on the market, but not necessarily compared to other used cars out there.

I think that some people get confused when they hear that an NSX is an affordable super car and get visions of all sorts of low prices out there. An NSX is extremely cheap for what you get, but that doesn't necessarily make it a cheap car. Low production and high demand keep the prices on these vehicles fairly high relative to their year & HP. While buying this car is a bargain, don't always expect to find Walmart pricing when you are shopping. Mostly the cars are a bargain compared to other exotics on the market, but not necessarily compared to other used cars out there.
wowweee! that was well said

Back