• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

97 NSX, a year later :: Pictures + Videos

Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary with my nsx :* ...
I can't believe time goes so fast! and this: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114465 Feels still like yesterday!

So here it goes, going back one exact year:

After 3 years of ownership of such capable overachiever S2000,

1.jpg

I decided to go back in time, to the 90's and live the ultimate Honda Dream

2.jpg

all stock, unmolsted totally serviced with records, THE ONE, @ 58K miles, flawless

3.jpg

4.jpg

Amazingly I don't DD this car, yet I managed to put almost 10k miles in a year :p

5.jpg

***** UPDATE, 04 wheels ON **** now the question is, to Gun metal them or not? lol

na2_1.jpg

na2_2.jpg

na2_3.jpg

na2_4.jpg

na2_5.jpg

na2_6.jpg

na2_7.jpg

na2_8.jpg

na2_9.jpg

And finally,
the most recent photos
, not anymore, here @ Rezmotto e-magazine (great pictures this guys took): http://www.rezmoto.com/

6.jpg

7.jpg

.... and now, my own photos:

7_1.jpg

roll2.jpg

roll3.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

nsx_engine2.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

20_1.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

I want to say that NSXPrime it's an AMAZING source of knowledge, were most people/members are very mature and know better about so many things, not just "cars" .... although I have 1 year only as NSX owner, I was here since 03 and dreaming, and absorbing a lot, before I got my NSX I already knew some local primers that with time turned into good friends, I had a hard year in personal matters, yet, my NSX gave me so much smiles, and made me enjoy my extra time, wrenching under the car, working on it, like a KID!!

Our Local group is fantastic :)

Next? well, 2010 will be just 02+ wheels, "DIY" gunmetal of course, Type-R Steering Wheel and my blody covers that might arrive today, that's it.

I hope by 2011 I can get a SC in there, or do some major all motor mods, so far I am extremely happy with the performance, which is a .1 of a second slower than the new M3 with paddle shifter (I removed a LOT of extra weight from my NSX) :) ... that for me is fast enough!

Thanks guys for all your support and to share this pics with me :)

here are my 3 favorite videos we have done :D

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekJ4lX579dI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekJ4lX579dI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HCUc0ITtHyc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HCUc0ITtHyc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPpb8hHjowA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPpb8hHjowA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovt3kSLpD20&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovt3kSLpD20&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

again thank you all for sharing all your thoughts as always you do and also thanks for taking your time to see my picture whore thread! LOL

====

Last edited:
Re: :: 97 NSX, a year later :: Pictures + Videos

Wow very nice work in 1 year. You've got one of my favorite pre 02 NSX's ever :smile:

Thanks, I do like the pop-ups a lot, I don't think I'd ever do the front conversion, but the back yes, needs the 02+ :)

Oscar,

it is just beautifull.... i think that on the exterior you only need 2 more parts and 1 work: 02+ wheels as you said, 02+ side skirts to complete the 02+ rear valence... and for work, you need to paint the top black and while into it, do the mirrors black also :wink:

for our NSXs to be twins, then i also need the sideskirts and the NSX-R wing eahaehheah

seriously, you seem like you are enjoying every day...every minute of your ownership...and also actually drive the car, which was meant to be driven :wink:

congratulations and i hope to see a post like this every year, for the next 34165348917563 years :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nuno

I always loved your car oscar, however I always was a fan of lighter color wheels. But I love your engine bay, and I love your interior and overall car.

Very tasetfully done, congrats!

I only see the car needing a set of skirts. :cool:

Oscar,

it is just beautifull.... i think that on the exterior you only need 2 more parts and 1 work: 02+ wheels as you said, 02+ side skirts to complete the 02+ rear valence... and for work, you need to paint the top black and while into it, do the mirrors black also :wink:

for our NSXs to be twins, then i also need the sideskirts and the NSX-R wing eahaehheah

seriously, you seem like you are enjoying every day...every minute of your ownership...and also actually drive the car, which was meant to be driven :wink:

congratulations and i hope to see a post like this every year, for the next 34165348917563 years :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nuno

Oh Nuno, valeu mesmo, vou ver se realmente boto os side skirts do 02+ ... o problema eh que a diferença eh tão pouca que as vezes acho que não se justifica o preço, but since you mentioned now I am doomed b/c i'll be on the back on my head ARGHH lol .. Thanks Nuno!! hahah

Congrats!!! Keep it up, looks Great! :biggrin: ...x

Thanks man!

I always loved your car oscar, however I always was a fan of lighter color wheels. But I love your engine bay, and I love your interior and overall car.

When I get my 02+ wheels, I might rock them for a bit with the OWM color and see if they grow on me, but i see wheels as shoes, i HATE white sneakers LOL

Very tasetfully done, congrats!

I only see the car needing a set of skirts. :cool:

side skirts BUAAAAAA ok i might do it, but only in like a YEAR or so LOL ... actually a WW set used on prime can be very affordable ... I might do that ...

Wow! Great car!!

This is sexy :D

roll3.jpg

HAHH Thanks man, that's what I thought the first time I saw here, Arkansas finest redhead! :D
DSC08161.jpg

:D

Oscar,

Oh Nuno, valeu mesmo, vou ver se realmente boto os side skirts do 02+ ... o problema eh que a diferença eh tão pouca que as vezes acho que não se justifica o preço,
now you left me :eek::eek::eek:... something tells me that that wasn't only a online translation :tongue::tongue:

about the price diference...they are expensive, even the DF ones, but they will make a big change in looks... of corse if you look at your car like straight on to the side, you won't notice much...but when you are at an angle, even almost sideways, you will see the good looks they give to your car... the car seems naked with the 91-01 OEM sideskirts...as if something is missing down there...

but since you mentioned now I am doomed b/c i'll be on the back on my head ARGHH lol .. Thanks Nuno!! hahah
Thats the problem with mods...they always keep ticking in the back of our heads until we do them :tongue:

When I get my 02+ wheels, I might rock them for a bit with the OWM color and see if they grow on me, but i see wheels as shoes, i HATE white sneakers LOL
Exactly what i'm doing... they will be OEM silver for a while so i can enjoy them...but my initial idea was/is to paint them black metallic (with big grain).

Nuno

Last edited:
I enjoyed your 1 year thread greatly and was likewise impressed with your progress to date. I especially liked the idea of having the opposite gender drive the car for shoots instead of splaying them across the hood (Not that there is anything wrong with that!) and even getting them to stand on the roadside and run the camcorder (huge pair there, Oscar). No way my wife of 23 years would not agree to that. No way.

You even let Carla (?) get into V-Tec (yo). All in all really well executed both in front of and behind the lens. At the risk of piling on, I agree that it is time for you to throw on a set of skirts. I'm sure that it is on the horizon, though.

Keep up the good work!

The long time owners/primers like myself enjoy seeing such enthusiasm from the newer owners.It brings back memories of my own when being a swinging(ahem) bachelor the nsx was a very important part of my single life.Times and social situations change,but through it all the nsx stands ready unchanged by time,or children, ready to give me that aural thrill and rush it did from day one,7/22/96:biggrin:

Oscar,

now you left me :eek::eek::eek:... something tells me that that wasn't only a online translation :tongue::tongue:

about the price diference...they are expensive, even the DF ones, but they will make a big change in looks... of corse if you look at your car like straight on to the side, you won't notice much...but when you are at an angle, even almost sideways, you will see the good looks they give to your car... the car seems naked with the 91-01 OEM sideskirts...as if something is missing down there...

Thats the problem with mods...they always keep ticking in the back of our heads until we do them :tongue:

Exactly what i'm doing... they will be OEM silver for a while so i can enjoy them...but my initial idea was/is to paint them black metallic (with big grain).
Nuno

LOL Nuno, you're funny, I lived 12 years in Rio, actually my Portuguese is better than my spanish, which is my native language but yeah, I was actually talking to Danny (south fL member) during our monthly gathering about his 02 sides, is so much full, chunky, better ... oh god, I'll resist though .. until mid next year :D ... Se cuide moço!

I enjoyed your 1 year thread greatly and was likewise impressed with your progress to date. I especially liked the idea of having the opposite gender drive the car for shoots instead of splaying them across the hood (Not that there is anything wrong with that!) and even getting them to stand on the roadside and run the camcorder (huge pair there, Oscar). No way my wife of 23 years would not agree to that. No way.

You even let Carla (?) get into V-Tec (yo). All in all really well executed both in front of and behind the lens. At the risk of piling on, I agree that it is time for you to throw on a set of skirts. I'm sure that it is on the horizon, though.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much for your kind words, yes, Casey is a good driver, she was very reluctant to drive the NSX for a long time, then one day she did it, she even took to work once, and enjoyed, the only thing -that i don't mind- is that she refuses to go over 7k rpms :D I like that .... also she likes better old roadsters .. those are her dream cars ... :D

Agreed. So well done.

Thanks man, your Covers look great, let's see how long i'll rock them :D

The long time owners/primers like myself enjoy seeing such enthusiasm from the newer owners.It brings back memories of my own when being a swinging(ahem) bachelor the nsx was a very important part of my single life.Times and social situations change,but through it all the nsx stands ready unchanged by time,or children, ready to give me that aural thrill and rush it did from day one,7/22/96:biggrin:

bachelor wit an NSX ha? niiicee haha .. times have changed, girls here in South Florida only like Ferarris or Lambos, amazes me how they can filter brands, although they can give a damn about cars in general (not that I care honestly, that's why my windows are tinted + I have HONDA badges so they don't get the NSX lol), ......

I am 32, not really "young" but I refuse to let my inner kid die + I did a lot of things as far life priorities before i got myself a NSX toy .... wow, in 96 I was 19! hahaha and yes, was already a HUGE NSX fan!

Thanks!
Oscar

Car is looking beautiful my friend. Great time to trade it in and get a Z06 :biggrin:

Your car is one of the best, but it looks much better in person. Looking forward to meeting Casey at the Toys for Tots drive. My wife will be there as well!

Last edited:
you've got 02+ wheels on her now dont you? I love how they look on it you should defniitly post a few up on this thread! :)

you've got 02+ wheels on her now dont you? I love how they look on it you should defniitly post a few up on this thread! :)

hay man, I updated it :D

Back