• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

97 NSX-T Blk/Tan 49k miles for under 40k

If anyone is interested, its selling at CARMAX. I think they just posted it.

5 day money back guarantee on their cars.

Originally posted by cpmoran:
how do i find it what location is the car located?

I looked it up, its in Tennessee. One small picture, looked great in that one pic but of course that doesnt tell much. No word of any title problem or accident history, just a generic ad from a dealer.

Just go to carmax.com and look it up if still interested.

If anyone can get the VIN, we can check it on the NSX "Totaled" list. It seems pretty low for a 97 NSX-T. There happens to be a 97 NSX-T Blk/Tan on that list which is why I'm a little concerned.

Don't want anyone getting a bad car.

CarFax looks good:
---------------------------------------------

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1997 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2168VT000298) qualifies for the FREE $5,000 CARFAX Clean Title History Guarantee. By ordering this CARFAX Report, you have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with a costly hidden problem.

SECTION: SECTION RESULTS:
Vehicle Specifications JH4NA2168VT000298
1997 ACURA NSX-T
Title Check Clean Title History Guaranteed
Odometer Rollback Check No Odometer Rollback Detected
Problem Check No Problems Found
Registration Check Checked 7 types of vehicle registration
Vehicle History Details 8 Total Vehicle History Records Found

NOTE: This vehicle has not been inspected by CARFAX and it may have problems that have not been reported to CARFAX. CARFAX recommends a vehicle inspection by a professional mechanic.

How did CARFAX analyze this vehicle's history?

VIN: JH4NA2168VT000298
Year/Make/Model: 1997 ACURA NSX-T

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 3.2L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Carburetion: FUEL INJECTED
Cylinders: 6
Manufactured in: JAPAN

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1997 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2168VT000298) qualifies for the CARFAX FREE $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee.

CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history to determine if any title documents were designated or marked with the following problems:

Problem Titles Checked: Results:
Salvage/Junk Checked - No Salvage/Junk Title Found
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Checked - No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Found
Flood Damage Checked - No Flood Damage Title Found
Damage Disclosure Checked - No Damage Disclosure Found
Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) Checked - No Manufacturer Buyback Found
Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) Checked - No EML Found
Not Actual Mileage (NAM) Checked - No NAM Found

NOTE: Click here for a complete CARFAX Glossary.

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1997 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2168VT000298) did not uncover a potential odometer rollback. CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's reported odometer readings to determine if any reading is less than a previously reported reading.

Date Reported: Odometer Reading:
05/02/2000 21,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04/07/2001 32,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/12/2001 35,310

10/30/2001 39,000

10/02/2002 48,000

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1997 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2168VT000298) did not uncover any of the following problems:

Problems Checked: Results:
Accident Checked - No Accident Record Found
Salvage Auction Checked - No Salvage Auction Record Found
Failed Emissions Inspection Checked - No Failed Emissions Record Found
Fire Damage Checked - No Fire Damage Record Found
Crash Test Vehicle Checked - No Crash Test Vehicle Record Found
Grey Market Vehicle Checked - No Grey Market Vehicle Record Found

CARFAX search results on this 1997 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2168VT000298) identify the types of state motor vehicle department registrations, other than private, that appear in this vehicle's history.

Registrations Checked: Results:
Lease Checked - Lease Registration Found
Rental Checked - No Rental Registration Found
Government Checked - No Government Registration Found
Taxi Checked - No Taxi Registration Found
Fleet Checked - No Fleet Registration Found
Commercial Checked - No Commercial Registration Found
Non-Profit Checked - No Non-Profit Registration Found

With the new CARFAX Test Drive ReviewTM, you can share your experience with this vehicle right on the CARFAX Vehicle History Report. Add to this vehicle's history here!

The CARFAX database contains a total of 8 vehicle history records on this 1997 ACURA NSX-T (JH4NA2168VT000298):

DATE
REPORTED ODOMETER
READING INFORMATION
SOURCE GENERAL
COMMENTS
09/06/1997 Tennessee
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Charlotte, NC
Registered as
lease vehicle

01/26/1998 Tennessee
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Charlotte, NC
Title #54497006
Title or registration issued
First owner reported

05/02/2000 21,000 Tennessee
Inspection Station
Passed emissions inspection

04/07/2001 32,000 Tennessee
Inspection Station

09/12/2001 35,310 Tennessee
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Nashville, TN
Title #63080857
Registration issued
Title or registration issued
First lien reported

10/30/2001 39,000 Tennessee
Inspection Station

10/02/2002 48,000 Tennessee
Inspection Station

Not Reported Auto Inventory
Offered for sale
at dealership

11/19/2002 Consumer resource provided by:
Edmunds.com Manufacturer-Recommended Maintenance Schedules

Check this vehicle's service schedules, estimated costs and recall notices at Edmunds.com.

Comment Definitions

Lease Vehicle registered but not owned by the driver.
NOTES:

Click here for a complete CARFAX Glossary.

You have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with a hidden problem. However, CARFAX has not inspected this vehicle. There could be other potential problems with this vehicle that have not been reported to CARFAX. CARFAX recommends a vehicle inspection by a professional mechanic.

Not all titles issued represent a change in vehicle ownership. For example, a title could be issued to reflect an address change or correction.
---------------------------------------------

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Originally posted by cpmoran:
I tried both locations in Tenn. and no match found can someone just link it for me Pleasd Thanx alot

chris

Try 'Chicago' area, and select NSX-T for model, not NSX. it should be #1 on the list.

Or better, don't, because this is sounding like a nice deal and I want to check it out for myself. ;-)

Edit: WHOOPS, i tried again and it's gone!! Only lasted 1 day - too good to be true? Any followup appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Timbo (edited 19 November 2002).]

CarMax screwed me! I called the Nashville store and was told that someone was there looking at the car. He told me to call my local store and get the process started because the car could still be mine if the "looker" does not buy.

I called my local location to start the process and was also told that it was still available but that I would have to wait until the next morning.

The next day arrives and I was told that the car was available. I told them I wanted it and that the salesman was about to get the easiest sale of life!

CarMax took all of my information and got the paper work started. After a couple of hours, the salesman called me and said that everything looks good and that they are trying to reach the Nashville manager so that they can transfer the car. I was told that I would have to wait until the next day to hear from them.

The next day, after waiting all morning, I called them and they said, "Oh, sorry but the car has already been sold!"

The manager stated that the Nashville store placed the car online so that their systems could generate some sort of warranty papers; and that the car had already been sold even before it posted. HUH?!?! What the?

Anyhow, this was a flat out lie because I had called the manager at the Nashville store on the first day and he stated that the car was available, but someone was there looking at it. How could someone be looking at it if it had already been sold!!!

All I was given was, "sorry about that and there is nothing we can do."

Of course there is nothing they can do; and I can even thank them for wasting my time, getting a rise out me, and unnecessarily running my credit.

Needless to say, I am without a cool, new toy for Christmas and I have a newly found dislike for CarMax.

You know what...

I believe this is probably the same car another dealer had here in Nashville recently (a month or so ago), since it was a black '96 or '97 with nearly 50k miles.

If it's that same car, you didn't miss anything. It had paintwork all over, and was a total POS.

Back