• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'97 NSX-T Side by Side Pics with '14 C7 Corvette Z51

Congratulations! I really like that color on the Vette. And I'll bet I'd like the interior color, too. How about a photo?

Congratulations! I really like that color on the Vette. And I'll bet I'd like the interior color, too. How about a photo?

Sorry, meant to include those too. See above.

I love the pics of the NSX very nice NSX

edit: no comment on the nothing ever changes other car

The new Vette looks almost like a cross between an Aston Martin and Ferrari ~ very aggressive looks from the outside. Interior doesn't look as exciting but this is one of those things you have to see it in person I guess.

Thanks for posting, glad to see a timeless Acura hold it's own against a modern piece of machinery!

I really like the new 'Vette but the sad truth is that the NSX will still be on the road long after the 'Vette has been recycled into litter boxes and paper clips.

This is the first time I have seen the NSX look dated next to another car. The fact that it is stock helps that happen of course but man that vette is really beautiful and that color combo rocks. That interior... alcantara from the factory? Wow... makes me want a vette.

This is the first time I have seen the NSX look dated next to another car. The fact that it is stock helps that happen of course but man that vette is really beautiful and that color combo rocks. That interior... alcantara from the factory? Wow... makes me want a vette.

You read my mind.

Yes from the factory.

Very nice collection!!

Can you please comment on driving impressions and build quality of the C7 especially compared to the NSX and the 991!

I've already seen about a dozen on the road. They look very nice. So far my favorite color is White.

Is the high center tunnel/console uncomfortable? It looks like you're siting in a bathtub.

Very nice collection!!

Can you please comment on driving impressions and build quality of the C7 especially compared to the NSX and the 991!

Build Quality:

The build quality of this new Corvette is so beyond the previous ones I've had it's not even the same car. No squeaks or rattles (at least yet!) because they finally used high quality materials and got rid of the cheap plastic and the really thin leather they used prior. The carbon fiber accents on the dash are solid but look more fake than on my M3. I like the smaller diameter leather wrapped steering wheel and the closer ratio steering. Also really like the high definition HUD and the fully electronic HD speedo and tach. Also there's a really cool compartment behind the entertainment screen which lowers to get access.

Driving Impressions:

Definitely the most nimble feeling Vette I've had. The front end doesn't feel nearly as long because the hood slopes down quicker so it doesn't feel like a big car. The best part though is starting the car up. The rumble is really great. When people ride in it the first time their eyes get wide. It's a pretty neutral car, as much as they've ever been able to get. Keep your foot on the gas through corners or live with the speed you brought into it because the rear end will still straighten you out quickly like any other rear wheel drive car with 455 HP. The thing that makes the car easier to drive at the limit is the seat. It finally has support in all the right places. In previous seats you just tightened your belt as much as you could and hope you didn't slide out the door. The torque is endless.

Compared to NSX:

The Corvette has a better driving position mostly because it just has more options in the seat and the wheel but the NSX holds up very well. I do like that in the Vette you can rest your elbows on the center console and the driver armrest. Sometimes in the NSX I don't quite know where my arms should rest. But you can't be the NSX for driving thrill in my book. The short front and closeness to the ground always makes me feel like I'm driving a video game. You feel more attached to the road in the NSX and the power curve is smoother.

Compared to 991:

Not sure if you've read the latest issue of Motor Trend. The 911 4S won for best drivers car for the second year in a row. It's such a solid, solid car. In sport mode in manual PDK it's as fast as you want and the handling is flawless. Nearly impossible to cross it except at the most extreme limit. Makes a mediocre driver dangerous and makes a good driver great. But all in all, still not as exciting to drive as my NSX. At times the Porsche is almost too good. The interior is impeccably Porsche and is the best of the three. Everything right where it makes sense.

The place where the NSX falls short of both, and why shouldn't it, it's a 16 year old car, is the suspension and steering. The NSX steering feel is much more vague than the other two and feels weak.

- - - Updated - - -

I've already seen about a dozen on the road. They look very nice. So far my favorite color is White.

Is the high center tunnel/console uncomfortable? It looks like you're siting in a bathtub.

It definitely is more bathtuby than the NSX or the Porsche but actually it's really comfortable. The power seats have so many positional options you can get your right arm at just the right height. Sometimes in the NSX I don't know where to put my left arm but in the vette both elbows find a home on the console and the drivers armrest.

Back