• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

9th Annual River Run - Sat July 25

No need to apologize for the newbie question. I typically would have posted details by now, but this year I'm a bit behind schedule.

We will probably meet around 9:30 in the Princeton NJ area. Plan on a shorter drive than NSXstock with lunch after the drive.

Hope that helps. I'll post the real plan as soon as I figure it out. :eek:

I believe TheDon will post the itinerary, but I would imagine meeting in NJ/PA around 9-10am. Assuming Bailey is going, you can meet us over the Whitestone bridge in the Bronx and we can caravan down to the meeting point in nj/pa.
After Whitestone, if you're going down I-95, I would like to join the caravan on the NJ side of the GW bridge. If we time it right, I know right where to wait so that I can feed right out into the thread as you guys wiz by and no one will lose a beat. Kinda like pitting @ F1. LOL
Rich

Getting Antsy Here for the River Run ---Love the Princeton area!

C'mon people, get signed up if you haven't already. It will be a great day!

No need to apologize for the newbie question. I typically would have posted details by now, but this year I'm a bit behind schedule.

We will probably meet around 9:30 in the Princeton NJ area. Plan on a shorter drive than NSXstock with lunch after the drive.

Hope that helps. I'll post the real plan as soon as I figure it out. :eek:

Good news. The route is shaping up and looking sweet. We have changed our starting place to be Lambertville NJ, just across the bridge from New Hope. And the route will be mostly in PA.

I'm finishing up the annoucement and will email it when I get back from Kid's Day to all those in the club. If you aren't a member of NSXCA, please pm me your email address and I will add you to the list of attendees.

don67,

Please add me in thanks.

I believe TheDon will post the itinerary, but I would imagine meeting in NJ/PA around 9-10am. Assuming Bailey is going, you can meet us over the Whitestone bridge in the Bronx and we can caravan down to the meeting point in nj/pa.

Simon, I can probably meet up with Chris in queens then over the whitestone to catch you and bailey. I think there may be more people though. Maybe Rich will come up with a plan or something.

Simon, I can probably meet up with Chris in queens then over the whitestone to catch you and bailey. I think there may be more people though. Maybe Rich will come up with a plan or something.

Sounds good, lets meet over the Whitestone at 7:30am. We will pick up Rich once we cross the GW bridge.

Last edited:
don67,

Please add me in thanks.

Here is a tentative plan for you guys to ponder?

It looks like most of the NYC/NNJ/NY cars are traveling in small groups from 3 major areas in and around the city and will ultimately end up joining together on the NJ side of the GW bridge for the trip down I-95.

Brooklyn & some LI may be using Lincoln, Holland or Verrazano and will probably have their own plan. We can poll them by PM to see if any will be crossing the GW and joining our group?

Queens & some LI will be meeting (to be determined) and then travel to a Whitestone Bridge location (to be determined) to pick up the Bronx and maybe some Westchester cars (that may not be using the Tappan Zee).

As the GW bridge plaza is very busy and can be somewhat confusing with all the major arteries fanning out, I found a perfect spot to meet as I drove it today.

When crossing the GW, follow the signs to I-95 (LOCAL ONLY). I-95 & I-80 run together for a short distance (mile or so) to EXIT 70 (Leonia/Teaneck). Take this exit and it will lead straight into a Marriott Hotel large parking area where we can join groups. This is predominately a business hotel and the lot should be pretty empty on a weekend. This is a good place to stop because it is easy to get right back on I-95 which will then become the NJ Turnpike.

Larry B. also expressed some interest in the GW Bridge. I will check with him to find out if he will be going that way either alone or with an upstate/Westchester group coming down? If so, they can meet us at the Marriott, as well (time to be determined).

Also, if any cars get separated from the smaller groups, we still have a permanent meeting location at the Marriott which everyone can easily find, as it can be seen from the highway.

If this plan looks good? We can finalize the details and then the list of names as we get into next week. :biggrin::biggrin:

Don,

my social calander is finally sorted out so I will be able to make thi event so please add me to the list.

Tytus

Don,

I've been out of the picture and sorry I missed Kid's Day...but now back in. Please count me in plus 1 for the run.

Is anyone going over the Tap to NJ?

Bruce

Save the date - the 9th Annual River Run will be held on Saturday July 25th. Rain or Shine.

It will be tough to top last year's event, but the planning committee has all intentions to do so.

Clem, start your engines.... :biggrin:

Carla and Don
Thanks so much for the preview and planning run yesterday Roberta and I had GREAT fun. The route was exhilarating and incredibly scenic.

For everyone else if you weren't planning on the River Run this year you will be missing an amazing event so SIGN UP NOW :biggrin:

Sorry to miss the event but it would be hazardous to my health to miss Jenns wedding:eek:

Have a fantastic time next weekend:cool:

Don,

Will you be posting a list of prospective attendees or emailing it?

I hope I'm on the list - I expect to pick up where we left off at WGI... :smile:

Bob

I just emailed the announcement to all who are NSXCA members or have contacted me via PM.

Holy cow we are up to 27 cars so far!!!! I'll work on summarizing the list later in the day. Need to go out and work on the run. :biggrin:

As usual I'm working so .....have fun and speed safely:wink:

Sounds good, lets meet over the Whitestone at 7:30am. We will pick up Rich once we cross the GW bridge.
Simon, do you think 7:30 is good? Or should we shoot for 7am? Tytus just PM me and can go with us or Roger's group further north which meets at 6:45 in Westchester. I'd like to nail the time down if we can because others may want to know? I'm flex for anything - up at 4 if I know there's a drive. :eek: haha

7 am will be good. Google maps saids about 1 hour and 40 minutes from my house. I will meet the guys at the very first exit after the Whitestone bridge at 7am. We should be in NJ by 7:20 and we can leave around 7:30 from exit 70.

Guys, please fill up your cars prior to the caravan!

7 am will be good. Google maps saids about 1 hour and 40 minutes from my house. I will meet the guys at the very first exit after the Whitestone bridge at 7am. We should be in NJ by 7:20 and we can leave around 7:30 from exit 70.

Guys, please fill up your cars prior to the caravan!
Simon, fill up in NJ, much cheaper!!!:wink:

Good point! There's an Exxon w/93 oct. a few blocks from the Marriott meeting spot in NJ. :smile:

donnie....
if you could email me an itinerary, i may make the afternoon....
tia from the pia...
i have no real address, really.

Around 32 cars are going to be there!!!!

I've lost track of everybody who said they are coming. I think this is the group: (it is a mixture of Prime names, First name and email)

Don and Carla
Dave S
Gary S
John H
RPM17
RSO34
Peter Mills
SpeedJunkie
Howard G
Alan D
FTuhy
StevSam
Richard B
Steve & Libby & family
Brian L
Dan & Karen
Tony & Bags
ae8600rr
Simon and Andrea
Drifter
Chuck & Fenande
dynamicusedauto
Tytus
Bone-Stock
Baily
Roman D
Richard S
Greg L
Mike L

two more:
Charles G
Rich H

Last edited:
I think Im going to try to attend if possible. Don sorry for the late reply...haven't been around here much lately. Could someone please PM me the meeting point and time to be there at.

Thanks,
Ron

can ya believe it. we got 2 more!

Aaron94T and Jolo14.

Aaron94T picks up his new car on Friday so timing couldn't be better. Jolo14 got his car in January and is stopping by to meet the gang but unfortunately can't make the drive.

Please make these folks feel at home.

This will be the biggest River Run in history!!!!!!

Back