• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A dream come true..... daily (history of a proud ownership)

I_M_Legend said:
Did you have to install extended studs with the 5mm spacers or are you ok with the stock studs?

I had the same setup with the same spacers and all was ok with the factory sized studs, including at the track. I did replace the studs with brand new ones, however.

Hi,

man... what you are starting to do is amazing..i will follow it regiously

about the horn... i did something that i don't know if anyone did:

i kept the srs reel with the NSX-R hub

i had to make changes to the back of the hub so the plugs would pass inside,
but i also had to make subtle adaptations to the cable reel cover also.

i did this because i wanted to use the wires for other functions other than the SRS
and the cruise control.

So, with this, i kept the Horn working as OEM.

But you can follow what Bruno (BBVNSX) did, with OEM parts, in his build thread :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Nuno, I know it's been a while, but do remember how you got the horn to work after removing the SRS wiring? I thought you needed the wiring for the horn circuit?

Hi,

Did you have to install extended studs with the 5mm spacers or are you ok with the stock studs?

yes i did replace with OEM ones that were 6mm longer... but i went back to OEM ones when i made the overall on the brakes, because with
the 2002 front calipers i didn't need spacers anymore.

Thanks,
Nuno

Hi,

came here after a looonng time and found that the link to this thread changed... it was a hassle to find it, and
i also see that all links to my photos don't work... all photos were saved on my Prime forum gallery.
Is it really all lost?

Thanks,
Nuno

Back