• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A mindblowing insane new supercar

Well this car is all about aerodynamics... Not looks (buy a Aston Martin if you are after looks).

:)

It has 500 bhp, and they claim near 1000 bhp/ton ratio :eek: This should mean that the car only weighs about 500 kilograms? It's going to be faaaaaaaast!

|Adeel said:
Well this car is all about aerodynamics... Not looks (buy a Aston Martin if you are after looks).

:)

It has 500 bhp, and they claim near 1000 bhp/ton ratio :eek: This should mean that the car only weighs about 500 kilograms? It's going to be faaaaaaaast!
For the race track I fully agree. But for a street car it's going to have some good looks.

Otherwise why not just buy a formula 1 car and drive it on the street?

Maybe this is a matter of taste :) I would have one if I could afford one :) Not for cruising, but trackuse and so on...

People who want this level of performance don't care that much about the looks :D

now that's a face only a mother could love...
attachment.php

dosen't look like there will be a real one for a loooong time.

Attachments

• uglycar.jpg
    uglycar.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 501
skynet0419 said:
Is this thing for real??

I can't figure that out either...all the images I saw were CG generated. If that's the case, the car I designed will be 2 seconds faster and look better.:biggrin: I'm not sure whether this car actually exists, or whether its just a "theoretical concept".

I think it looks cool except for the long sweep over the front wheels. Looks like they are trying to make it as close to F1 and put it on the street. Most of the design is F1 car style with modifications to "drive" on the street. Not a truely built for the street, just for people who have too much money.

I think its fugly as hell, yes as a track car it might be a great car, but essentially it looks like a formula 1 race car for the street a la the enzo and I think thats ugly too, technically impressive but its still ugly. But really what streets are you going to drive that on...I thought my NSX was low, I'd scrape that thing on pebbles, let alone when a bump/pot hole you were unaware of came up...rather have a McLaren and since I am dreaming a billion dollars too. :biggrin: Actually now that I think about it I have a couple McLarens...just 1/18th scale.

Well they are taking orders and plan on building it end of 2006, who knows, this could be the next world's supercar.

And only a 2.4 supercharged V8 lol wow, this should be good.

Heh, this IS 2006. If all they have now is a 3D rendering of the outer shell, I would expect "begin production" means they might have begun the mock-up phase by the end of this year. The concept and general layout are defined. Those are the easy steps. The actual engineering happens after that, and that's where you try to fit all the necessary parts in the shell you showed the world, and where you discover how many off-the-shelf parts will meet your needs, and how many you'll have to design and fabricate from scratch (in expensive low volume runs). Meanwhile, you have a predetermined budget defined (I assume) by the orders you took in earlier in the year.
It *could* be the world's next supercar, but I'll be impressed if they succeed enough to fail as well as Gerry Wiegert's Vector. At least he made it so far as to deliver some vehicles. :D

Bleh... It looks more like someone threw bodywork onto an Ariel Atom.

Im actually more curious about the supposed new models these guys are coming out with. Rogue GT
The sketches and mockup look a hell of a lot better than that freestream thing. If anyone finds photos or better drawings, please let me know.

-- Joe

Bleh I agree, too much flash. If I want a road car I want something stylish to look at, and one easy to get in and out of. For a track car...bleh...ill take the areil atom as well. This just screams I had more money to spend than brain cells to think about what I was doing. But thats just me. :smile:

No kidding only a face a mother would love. Fugly comes to mind. Agree entirely with going out and purchasing an F1 car.:rolleyes: Better off sticking with shape and form that performs better in both road and track worlds. I like this one personally.:biggrin:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Bigglezworth said:
No kidding only a face a mother would love. Fugly comes to mind. Agree entirely with going out and purchasing an F1 car.:rolleyes: Better off sticking with shape and form that performs better in both road and track worlds. I like this one personally.:biggrin:

What is that thing?:confused: Well I thought that the car was total BS until I stumbled across a few better pictures of it.
watermark.php

watermark.php

And unless this too is cg or 3d rendered, it looks to me like that have a little bit of the car.

Heres a link to go with it. I'm believing a little more now. . .

Jin1976 said:
Too bad it's only one seater.

Nope. 2 seater.

They claim to already have ~6 orders. The car ought to weigh only 465kg empty. With a 480hp 2.4 v8 thats better than 1000 bhp/ton. Price 220 000€.

Must be cramp inside.
Klayton said:
Nope. 2 seater.

They claim to already have ~6 orders. The car ought to weigh only 465kg empty. With a 480hp 2.4 v8 thats better than 1000 bhp/ton. Price 220 000€.

Back