• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A Real Cars & Coffee Meet in Seattle Area

Anyone in here would like to start a Real Cars and Coffee meet where everyone can be equal? Where you can park anywhere and can come and go as you pleased! I thought Cars & Coffee event started out in that fashion. All the C&C that I've been to outside of WA are very easy going and friendly. NO "status discrimination" is what we want to see.
I think we should start to spread the word to other forums.
I would like to see a coffee meet where everyone can enjoy without the BS and politic because you drive a more expensive cars.
Voice your opinions and lets work together.
I will try to source a large enough parking space. Feel free to look for one if you have a chance.

Spread the word people!
Dan

Dan, my idea for you is lets select a few unlikely matched forums that's totally different than nsx/S2000, then start from there. say, groups of American V8, Hyundai/kias. Nissan's Z, drift cars...etc. or even couple groups of say, Alfas, triumph, or other collector cars...

I can see your vision, it's nice when you have cars grouped together like ERTC as far as car show goes. It's not when you try to socialize and learn more about other cars. Owners tend to make a small circle and have walls between each other. Then, at the end, just another forum meet that you can walk and see the other cars if you dare to.

Dan, my idea for you is lets select a few unlikely matched forums that's totally different than nsx/S2000, then start from there. say, groups of American V8, Hyundai/kias. Nissan's Z, drift cars...etc. or even couple groups of say, Alfas, triumph, or other collector cars...

I can see your vision, it's nice when you have cars grouped together like ERTC as far as car show goes. It's not when you try to socialize and learn more about other cars. Owners tend to make a small circle and have walls between each other. Then, at the end, just another forum meet that you can walk and see the other cars if you dare to.

I will get to other forums ASAP.
I know what you mean Ferrand. There are way more American muscle cars out there. Then there are Old European sports cars.
Please help out if you can.

Dan

If you held it at a time other than Saturday morning, I'd show up often.

WHAT!? Snobby high end car owners? Tell me it ain't so! (the location itself raises large red flags)

Although I've ran into some snobby NSX owners as well. Just because I drive a lonely Acura Legend. (which is more rare than most of the NSXs out there.)

Griots Garage in Tacoma seems to have some good coffee and cars meets from what I hear.

Hey guys, I don't own an NSX (yet) but I think I have some guys who would be interested in these meets in the Prelude scene. It would be very cool to get a meet together where everything from civic to lambo could show up and just chillax and get to know each other.

I would just like to add you probably don't want the lower end of the modifying scene to show up. lol Not that there aren't nice guys in the bunch but I don't think you want rusty civics with fart cans showing up do you?

Here is my current car BTW. So you know I'm not just some silly ricer who will invite more ricers. lol

Photo1-1.jpg

I would just like to add you probably don't want the lower end of the modifying scene to show up. lol Not that there aren't nice guys in the bunch but I don't think you want rusty civics with fart cans showing up do you?

you forgot to add the high revving of said fart cans, with the added loud music, and parking lot burn outs.

I think the older the turn out, or should I say "more experienced" the better the results.

you forgot to add the high revving of said fart cans, with the added loud music, and parking lot burn outs.

I think the older the turn out, or should I say "more experienced" the better the results.
I will agree that is a general rule of thumb but there are exceptions. I'm 20. haha No rice, loud music, or burnouts like those darn kids.

Here is my current car BTW. So you know I'm not just some silly ricer who will invite more ricers. lol

exactly the reason I pointed out the security / Law enforcement issue. At what point we going to start running into problems or conflict of interest?

On the other hand, Ricer is already a term that has no place in this kind of meet. In Dan's dreamland, guy can pull up his 96 ford focuz with spray can interior with chrome fake Marsarati fender intake and a nos sticker on the rear qtr panel with a flame flower; pulling right alongside a McLaren MP12-4. As long as they behave themselves and respect everyone else and their property n safety, He's welcomed with both arms.

To the McLaren owner, he would probably think all modded nsx are rice. I don't know how many times people call out my car, just because they not fond of my big wing.

and I don't even know what I would called DrVokl's daily ride either? panda express kind of rice?? :)
599086_10150868663512540_98357125_n.jpg

Well if all you want is nice people I would start off by making it invite only. There is no other way to make sure everyone behaves.

and I don't even know what I would called DrVokl's daily ride either? panda express kind of rice?? :)

It's more Americanized sushi... like what you find at Wasabi Bistro. :smile:

I bet I'm the only Caddy in the world on Volks... :biggrin:

So what happened at the Redmond Cars and Coffee meet?

So what happened at the Redmond Cars and Coffee meet?

Nothing, Redmond is for Exotics Car Meet (hence the name ERTC) not the regular Cars & Coffee meet.
We would want a place where everyone can come and go as they pleased. Where they can park anywhere (mixed-in). Just a more casual coffee meet.
No politic BS, afterall this is just a meet for car enthusiasts so no need for status tripped.

yeah the rules would be that you are coming to cars and coffee meet, and you should be as cautions as you pulled into a Walmart parking lot. So you may not have the luxury of leaving your window open with cameras or your girl friend's trendy handbag inside.

Other than that, you should be glad (but not expecting) that you will most likely find the guy parking next to you do have interest in cars and maybe willing to share his interest with you.

Am I getting there, Dan?? If the meet is early enough, I can try to make it everytime with me pulling up my miata/nsx/accord/crv before work.

wait a minute, that means i have no excuse to pull the no-show anymore? :biggrin:

A C&C meet would be a bit more relaxing with no pressure. My NSX is still a work in progress and if I was to show up at Redmond I would be not worthy. Still gotta fix my front bumper and fenders. But something like a C&C would be nice. I would show up.

I like ERTC,,its only a few hours out of your day, most the people very open to talk. I do think they should random park,but thats just my opinion.It might help interaction between car owners with different cars .

I like ERTC,,its only a few hours out of your day, most the people very open to talk. I do think they should random park,but thats just my opinion.It might help interaction between car owners with different cars .

I work Saturdays so I'm almost never able to attend. It is fun to go to however.

You didn't miss anything this month. E@RTC was canceled due to rain every Saturday this month. And while I will drive my car in the rain I'm not going to stand in the rain and look at cars. I can wait for a sunny day.

Tommy and the volunteers do a fantastic job running E@RTC. I've always enjoyed the variety of cars as well as the interaction with everyone there. It's through E@RTC that I've been offered to drive a participant's F430 (fantastic!) and talked with owners of a wide variety of cars from American Iron to the Enzo and F40. All willing to chat with a poor country boy like me.

Every car event will have social strata, every car event will have snobs because cars bring their humans with them. There is no such thing as an utopian C&C, and if you find it, please don't go there as you'll screw it up. :biggrin:

What kind of Poitical BS are you refering to Dan? You make alot of claims with no substance behind them. I have only seen you show up to E@RTC maybe 4 times in three years, we have always welcomed you and put you next to the other NSX's. You are certainly welcome to start your own event, but trying to discredit another one to gain popularity for yours is rediculous. You appear to be judging Ferrari owners like Honda civic owners judge NSX owners:wink:

What kind of Poitical BS are you refering to Dan? You make alot of claims with no substance behind them. I have only seen you show up to E@RTC maybe 4 times in three years, we have always welcomed you and put you next to the other NSX's. You are certainly welcome to start your own event, but trying to discredit another one to gain popularity for yours is rediculous. You appear to be judging Ferrari owners like Honda civic owners judge NSX owners:wink:

First, there's no need to be defensive John. If there's no polititcal BS then I am wrong (only the general population can disagree). You said it yourself, I have been there maybe 4 times... Why? Those times that I showed up were the times we have NSX friends that we went way back and that we don't get to see one another often. Gaining popularity or not no one knows, but you said it yourself John that "E@RTC is no place for your mom's civic cars meet". There's no need to be defensive of your car show, you still have your car show that you do every chance you get. I am not trying to take away E@RTC's popularity (How can I do that?) I simply would like to see a real C&C where people simply come and go. No need for segregation between exotics and non-exotics. After all this is just a Cars & Coffee event, NOT a car show and we sure don't need gate keepers to look high and mighty. There's no need to explain futher of why E@RTC is not a regular C&C meet like any other places that I've been to (or have going on around the country).
Deep inside you know most F and L owners aren't there to be the same with the rest of us (if they are, shouldn't we be parked mixed and doesn't matter what car you drive?). The truth does sound disappointed huh?
My simplest question is: Why can't we be like C&C in California and the like?

Just to be fair:
E@RTC is an exotic car show that opens to public, and people get to walk very closed, or if dare to ask the owners politely, get to sit inside and touch those multi million cars. (ok, qtr to half million :tongue:)
People had to appreciate the hard work the organizers put out!! It's FREE and non commercial. I can't name any other car show that has better shown cars than E@RTC and they don't charge you arm and leg for it. Example: the commecial Seattle Auto show would have ribbons all around the show area on any of the show cars that's over $100,000. and you are paying $20 walking around the stadium!

Dan's C&C "concept":
Car meet for anyone who's interested in cars regardless if you like offroading, rock climbing, drag race, street racers, ricers, American thunders, low riders, exotics, Jdm, stanced, hellaflush, classics.....etc etc all welcomed.

There's no better one out of the two, seriously two different kind of autoevent. I do LIKE Dan's idea as if he does it right, we will have a car event that put all car lover's together and it's an event that will have different flavor every week, as you never know who's going to show up!!

My simplest question is: Why can't we be like C&C in California and the like?
BTW Dan, BECAUSE RAIN... :)

Last edited:
Back