• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A step closer toward the R conversion

I love it! Congrats! Awesome looking ride! To me, the NSX-R is the best looking ever ever made!

I too love that carpet.
I just wish that spoiler sat more flush with the car than it appears. That 3rd pic down seems to show the front edge sitting up pretty high.

Thanks you all for all the kindly words, I'll take the pictures of the car this weekend maybe sooner if I get the time.

For 92NSX, I see the picture you are referring. The wing actually sits pretty flush to the trunk, maybe it's black and the angle is up and close so it looks more noticeable. Here is picture of the orginal R wing in a similar angle.

Attachments

• R spoiler side view.jpg
    R spoiler side view.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 2,494
Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the whole car, as you see, there are some more misc parts that I am still waiting.... :smile:

Attachments

• NSX front 02.JPG
    NSX front 02.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 4,698
  • NSX rear 01.JPG
    NSX rear 01.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,687
  • NSX side.JPG
    NSX side.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 2,721
  • Interior 02.JPG
    Interior 02.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 2,729
I wish we both are in the same country so that we can do the conversion together !

Nice Nice Nice !!!!

subtle touches...

All-in-all, looks good Jonathan! I am curious though about your choice of side skirts... they don't seem to fit in w/ the goal of mimicking the NA2 NSX-R :confused:

Are you planning to add the 02+ OEM door-trim piece above the side skirts? Also, you can go w/ the 02+ OEM side skirts. Staci's non-vented side skirts would even look more confluent/flowing... w/ the OEM door piece. {IMHO!}

Otherwise, keep up the diligence! :cool:

Re: subtle touches...

Sharp eyes Osiris. I didn't notice of the the door trim. I was jealous of his spoiler that I didn't see that his side skirt is not complete. Nonetheless an awesome car beside Wan888's.
Osiris_x11 said:
All-in-all, looks good Jonathan! I am curious though about your choice of side skirts... they don't seem to fit in w/ the goal of mimicking the NA2 NSX-R :confused:

Are you planning to add the 02+ OEM door-trim piece above the side skirts? Also, you can go w/ the 02+ OEM side skirts. Staci's non-vented side skirts would even look more confluent/flowing... w/ the OEM door piece. {IMHO!}

Re: subtle touches...

Good eye and you are right on, as I mention that is one of the item that I am still waiting on..... :wink: Thanks.
Jonathan

Osiris_x11 said:

I would love to visit HK one of these days, I have never been there before and looks like you got a line of awsome cars that I can come check out also... :smile: The night picture of your NSX over the HK city was one of the reason I love the R look even more. Thanks.

wan888 said:
I wish we both are in the same country so that we can do the conversion together !

Nice Nice Nice !!!!

The more pics you have been posting, the better they get. Very impressive build so far, you are making a lot of prime members envious! :biggrin:

NSXDreamer2 said:
Jon just an idea for you to spend more money, the white console must go!! :)
What about a CF one? or at least paint it in silver...

Well, I had the cf version for awhile and just want to change up a little bit. When I am done with the exterior I will probably put it back later. Thanks.
Jonathan

Attachments

• NSX interior.JPG
    NSX interior.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 2,340
Hi Jonathan,

Yes, I'll see you guys in a month. You've done an amazing job with the NSX. I will follow your build up closely. :) If Shahzad didn't show you pictures of my car, click the for sale link in my sig for pictures...I have to regretfully sell it.

Tell Shahzad I said HI! :)

Ahad

The wheels make or break the look of NSX-R. Lot's of people out there trying to make theirs look like the NSX-R, but always seem to miss the mark. They either leave out the factory wheels, or skip the side skirts. Your car looks awesome man, and sticking to the factory wheels was one of the best things you could have done.

Still need a few more things like the seats, steering wheel and other little tid-bits. Make sure you get the engine cover too. The best looking after-market one I've seen is the Gruppe M one. That one matches the factory one in almost every dimension. I would even paint over the carbon kevlar to match the factory flat black color.

My own car is not a good example of what I want to do. It has a bit of an identity crisis....not sure if it wants to look like NSX-R, or type S. I guess when I have some money, I'll have the roof repainted black...just stick with the '92 NSX-R look. Need some seats, red nose "H" and black tail "H".

Last edited:
Back