• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A step closer toward the R conversion

DL-NA1 said:
I paid around 1K for the carpets (4 pieces) includes the 2 red floormats. For now I am putting the 02 stock seat back, I took out a set of red Bride Brix II seats to sale. Saving for the R seats..... :smile:

Red carpet looks so "R" :cool: ,

Can you post carpets part #'s color code specific. :smile:

When you say "include 2 red floormats", do they go on top of carpets ? :confused:

Congratulations and thanx.

NSX PTY said:
Red carpet looks so "R" :cool: ,

Can you post carpets part #'s color code specific. :smile:

When you say "include 2 red floormats", do they go on top of carpets ? :confused:

Congratulations and thanx.

The floormats goes on top of the carpet, it's piece that have the NSX word stich on it. Here are the list of the part numbers for the floor carpet and the floormats:

88302-SL0-T00ZG (Floor MAT)
88303-SL0-T00ZF (Floor MAT)
88308-SL0-A01ZG (MAT, L.*R)
88307-SL0-A02ZG (MAT, R.*R)
83600-SL0-A01ZF (FLR MAT SET)

Hope this helps, thanks.
Jonathan

Ko-nsx said:
what below the radio? Got any closeups of the console?

It's the OEM S2000 engine start button, I don't have the closeup picture of the console right now, I'll try to take some later if you want.

Thanks verrry much, :smile:

Not only the red carpet makes it look "R", but also the white/black combo, like the NSX-R show car.

Thanks again.

NSX PTY said:
Thanks verrry much, :smile:

Not only the red carpet makes it look "R", but also the white/black combo, like the NSX-R show car.

Thanks again.

I would love to see a picture of your car? Do you have any?

Thanks!

Is it me, or does this carpet now look a whole lot darker than it did initially and with what is in the real nsx-r?

Attachments

• Interior 02.JPG
    Interior 02.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,876
attachment.php

Simply amazing!! What a spectacular NSX 10 out of 10 from me.

But what is with the white dash, it is fugly imho, other than that the car is a dream.

DL-NA1 said:
Here are some pictures of the whole car, as you see, there are some more misc parts that I am still waiting.... :smile:

WOW!!! That looks simply amazing. No offense to anyone else but, that is the nicest NSX I've ever seen.

Lime Green NSX said:
I would love to see a picture of your car? Do you have any?

Thanks!

Don't have any pictures yet, 'cause its pretty much stock right now. By the way, its US specs, nothing different.

Waiting for some parts from SoS, spoiler for DF/nsxpowered, side skirts from Stacy and looking for a vented hood.

Will post soon.

Thanks

That car is simply amazing. There has been a sudden surge of people doing NSX-R conversions.....gotta love it. :D

Love the Honda "New Pure Red" interior. I've never seen this mentioned anywhere here on Prime, and I never posted it because I was afraid that the corvette guys would laugh at us once they found out. Doesn't the NSX-R have a button on the center console to lower the antenna to half-height at speed, for increased aerodynamic efficiency?

comquat1 said:
Is it me, or does this carpet now look a whole lot darker than it did initially and with what is in the real nsx-r?

The floormats has a darker red color than the carpet, Honda does not offer the real R floormats for the left hand drive NSX.

Thanks everyone for the compliment, here are a few more pics of the NSX re-united with some Japanese friends.... :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_6190s.JPG
    IMG_6190s.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,864
  • IMG_6197s.JPG
    IMG_6197s.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,824
  • IMG_6201s.JPG
    IMG_6201s.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,762
Last edited:
DL-NA1 said:
Thanks everyone for the compliment, here are a few more pics of the NSX re-united with some Japanese friends.... :smile:

nice, is your car painted championship white?

RyRy210 said:
Is your headlight housing silver or white? Looks silver to me, so you might want to change it to white like the real NSX-R.

The housing is silver now, just not too sure about painting it white cause I am worry about any leakage/fog in the housing later. Thought about getting the R housing but the Japanese headlight housing points slightly to the left because they drive on the left. Also, not all NSX-R has white color housing just most of them.

Last edited:
I'm just being anal again, but if you decide to repaint your car, make sure you do the engine bay in black. I've never seen an NSX-R with a white engine bay (type S also has black....anyone know why?).

Again, car looks awesome. Can't say it enough.

DL-NA1 said:
The housing is silver now, just not too sure about painting it white cause I am worry about any leakage/fog in the housing later. Thought about getting the R housing but the Japanese headlight housing points slightly to the left because they drive on the left. Also, not all NSX-R has white color housing just most of them.

When I was in Japan the NSX-R I saw at Honda's Welcome Plaza was white. The person at the counter said it was all white. Apart from ordering a non-white NSX-R, under what circumstances would it not have a white housing?

You might want to contact Science of speed, their white housing looks good:

light[1][1].jpg

Picture of a real NSX-R with white housing:

nsx-r01f[1].jpg

RyRy210 said:
When I was in Japan the NSX-R I saw at Honda's Welcome Plaza was white. The person at the counter said it was all white. Apart from ordering a non-white NSX-R, under what circumstances would it not have a white housing?

Thanks for the SOS sugguestion, but like I mention earlier I don't like to open up my eom headlight for my own reason. I do agree that white housing does look better than silver in my car. As to the NSX-R only comes in white housing or the black roof or the black mirrors is not correct, during the order/purchase of R from the Honda/factory you can specify the finishes you like on different parts of the car. And yes, I would not understand if anyone would do other wise.

Attachments

• NSX3_s.JPG
    NSX3_s.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,742
  • NSX_s.JPG
    NSX_s.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,745
  • nsx Rs.JPG
    nsx Rs.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,728
DL-NA1 said:
RyRy210 said:
And yes, I would not understand if anyone would do other wise.

I agree, which is why I can understand if a non-white NSX was ordered. The last pic I believe is the NSX prototype, correct? The other pics show's white housings on white cars. I just think that if you were to do a true NSX-R exterior conversion, you shouldn't leave any stones unturned, or leave any doubts it might be a fake. Nonetheless, it looks awesome.

Back