• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.
I'm looking for an Honda NSX in Europe, I like to know if there is any way to know real milleage/km of the car, or if the odometer was manipulated. Thanks.

Use you gut instinct, but some clues are if the Numbers dont line up very good, but the downside to that is that even one that has never been touched/tampered with, will not line up perfectly, so talking with the guy, the shape that the cars in, how bad is the rock chips on the front bumper, look in the wheelwell and see how muddy/greesy the fender liner is, etc. and price, you have to add it all up if it works then buy it,, if you have the slightest feeling something isnt good then dont buy it. good-luck

If the owner did not have it for too long then you can try finding the previous owner so you can ask, if the guy had it for a while just calculate the average mile per year and figure out what it is supposed to be. Find a DIY post that shows how to remove the cluster, follow the steps and see if any screws are stripped.

I'm looking for an Honda NSX in Europe, I like to know if there is any way to know real milleage/km of the car, or if the odometer was manipulated. Thanks.

So in what country(s) are you looking?
Some have registration of mileage at the annual inspection, so max it could be manipulated would be 1 year use.

By the way, I have 1 of my NSX for sale, a sebring silver Na2 '98 T 3.2L 6 speed with 96.800 Km and extensive 100K service (cambelt etc) already done. Is almost in as new condition, surely one of the best here in The Netherlands
I currently don't have it advertised, but will be advertising it within a short time from now when the weather gets better.
If you are looking for a NSX in Europe, this might be of interest for you and if you want info: contact me by Pm

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies.
I live in Spain, but I'm looking all around europe, most of all Italy, France and Germany. But I could go to any other country if I see the car is ok.
Unfortunatly the most I can spend now is 30000e . surely a 98 model cost more than 30000. In UK are very good prices, but I like lefthand drive.

(sorry for my bad english)

The mechanics of the type of odometers used in the NSX and most cars produced in the 90's are easily manipulated. There is also no way to determine if they have been manipulated if it was done carefully. I've installed a couple new gauge clusters in friend's cars and was shocked how easy it was to modify the mileage (in order to accurately represent the car's actual mileage). The best way is to track the mileage over time by utilizing the service records.

Back