• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura of Brookfield - who has experienced the John Vasos service?

...Pretty good list for short notice!
Here's the list I have so far. If you see something wrong please either pm me or correct it in a reply.
Most of us would like our full name on the plaque but I suppose it's not mandatory. John probably won't know who you are by just your screen name though. I've marked in bold those who haven't specified. I have a good idea of how many want to be on the plaque so I'll go take a look at the options at the trophy shop for engraving and get back with the cost and my paypal. Still looking for something witty, an epithet, or otherwise to put on the plaque as our tribute.
- "Thanks John" (lame but to the point :rolleyes: )
- "to our NSX god"
- "the only other butt allowed to fart on our NSX's leather" ...kidding

I'm drawin a blank but feel free to pm or reply w/ a suggestion.

New list is at Post #46

Last edited:
Here's mine:

2. Ryan Braithwaite

As for the message, I would suggest something like this:

Thanks for putting the eXcellence in NSX Service

or

To John Vasos: A Legend in the NSX Community

or whatever anyone else can come up with.

My real name

4. Q = Sean Williams

John Vasos saved my butt at NSXPO 2004, please add me to the list: Russell Salerno

Vasos is a great guy! He helped us out tremendously prior to selling our first NSX and was gracious enough to do a tech seminar with Mark Basch at NSXPO '05.

Put us on the list for sure: Stephen & Heather Woodall

1)The country is his service territory.2)To JV who never says never,No is not in his vocabulary.3)There is no problem to big or small that JV can't solve. Feel free to adlib on some of that.

docjohn said:
1)The country is his service territory.2)To JV who never says never,No is not in his vocabulary.3)There is no problem to big or small that JV can't solve. Feel free to adlib on some of that.

Thanks to all for jumping on this thing and adding your comments. I will adlib to #1 on your list, Doc. This list already represents owners from NY to CA which proves that Johns affects spread beyond just the Midwest. For that reason I have been prompted to move this list to a more all-encompassing sub-forum to garner some who likely wouldn't see this post down here in the Midwest forum.
Feel free to add comments on either thread and I will update the list on both forumsas it grows.

To make it a little more special, I have been approached by the powers that be to present this plaque to John at this years NSXPO - rather than just handing it to him next time I'm in AoB. A great idea, proving that John is legend among legends in the NSX community. It will now be presented to him at one of this years NSXPO banquets.

The new thread...

Last edited:
Anyone else have a hard time getting John to respond to email & vmail? I go out of my way to be considerate of his time, but perhaps he prefers to talk directly to people when they are right in front of him rather than correspond or call back for trivial things?

Bonk said:
Anyone else have a hard time getting John to respond to email & vmail? I go out of my way to be considerate of his time, but perhaps he prefers to talk directly to people when they are right in front of him rather than correspond or call back for trivial things?
Use the phone.

Just had the experince for the first time last week. I had a TON of work done on my NSX and I feel like they gave me a new car, WOW:biggrin: . I PMd you. Please add-

Lawrence Koessel 96NSX-T

When Lawrence had his car in for service recently, he took this nice photo of John...

5a16.jpg

jjeray said:
If its not too late I would like to be on this as well

You're added.

I will be closing the list next next Tuesday (Sept 12).
Thank you to those who have sent me payment - a special thanks to those who sent even more than asked for! There are still quite a number who have not paid yet. My paypal is [email protected]. If you would like to pay by cash/check I can pm my address on request.
Thanks

Here is the current list - Only 1 day left to snag a spot on the plaque.

The names in:

Red = unpaid

Purple = no name or payment

1. MLmotorsport (full name)
2. Ryan Braithwaite (full name)
3. nsxtasy (full name)
4. Sean Williams (full name)
5. Gary Yates (full name)
6. Stephen Howe (full name)
7. Chandra Govind (full name)
8. mystican (full name)
9. Jim Bonkowski (full name)
10.Ghost
11.Jay444 (full name)
12.Troy Gilson (full name)
13.matteni (full name)
14.Chuck Mirenda (full name)
15.docjohn (full name)
16.Randy Johnson (full name)
17.Mike Jablo (full name)
18.Dave & Rae Talbot (full name)
19.DV8 (full name)
20.MJ (full name)
21.Russell Salerno (full name)
22.Chris Willson (full name)
23.Larry Bastanza (full name)
24.Stephen & Heather Woodall (full name)
25.Gary Kachadurian (full name)
26.NSX3.0 (full name)
27.Mark B. (full name)
28.Steve & Carol Henriksen (full name)
29.Ojas (full name)
30.titaniumdave (screenname)
31.cpmoran
32.96 NSX-T (full name)
33.Shad Huntley(full name)
34.Jason Jeray (full name c)
35.KGP (full name)
36.BioBanker (full name)
37.lvrdnsx (full name)
__. NSX Club of America (last on list)

Thanks to all who have participated! The plaque will be viewable late in the week at NSXPO '06 and at Acura of Brookfield (I asume) after that.

Last edited:
Back