• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura of Pleasaton?

Anyone have experience with Acura of Pleasanton's service dept? They are right across the highway from me and I was wondering whether I should have them do some service work and installs for me. Are they aftermarket/customer supplied part friendly?

Thanks.

I have never had my NSX serviced there but I have seen 2 different NSXs getting serviced there before.

If you decide to do it please report back as that would be a convenient place for me as well.

BTW - I have taken my MDX to be serviced there and their customer service was top notch.

Last edited:
I had Pleasanton Acura do an oil change once before. Very friendly and courteous and careful with the car. They took extra special care to not get any oil on the suspension arm. If I didn't change my own oil now, I'd probably still be goin there for basic maintenance. Just too much money for something I can do on my own.

I don't have any experience with bringing in my own parts, however.

J

I took my nsx there once for my 2002 rear valence retrofit since it's in my neighborhood and my impression was they do thing by the book which means routine maintenance and procedures, plus they only have one tech working on nsx. I ended up retrofitting the rear valence myself, just like I'm doing most of the services myself these days, but it doesn't mean you can't try them. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the replies. I'm due for new tires and it sounds like, from my conversation with the parts guy, that they just order in what you want from TireRack. I don't know if they pass along the prices directly but I'll find out.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies. I'm due for new tires and it sounds like, from my conversation with the parts guy, that they just order in what you want from TireRack. I don't know if they pass along the prices directly but I'll find out.

Thanks again.

If you just need tires, almost any shop can do tires.

Believe it or not, the BEST shop I've ever had do my tires was a low budget shop that was popular with the low rider crowd. Most nsx owners would of never even pulled in. They mounted and balanced my new rear tires on the car for $15/each and did PERFECT. Removed the old weights and mounted fresh new weights, lined up the dots, torqued the lugnuts.

In contrast, I went to a VERY POPULAR nsx shop in the bay area that charged me about $35/each for the same service but OFF the car. They didn't even remove the old stick on weights but stuck more on, didn't line up the dot on the tire and I even ended up having some weights fly off later on. Oh and he didn't even finish them in the time he said they would be done. Took them 2 days and I still had to wait in the parking lot to get them back because they still weren't done on time.

Tire rack will also ship to any tire shop you want. So if you're really set on having the dealer ship do tires, order them online yourself and have them shipped to the dealer.

I have never dealt with your dealer though.

Last edited:
A service advisor at Acura of Pleasanton told me the battery was in the back (engine compartment) of my NSX. They're good at being polite and offering you refreshments, but the advisor I dealt with didn't understand the work being done.

A service advisor at Acura of Pleasanton told me the battery was in the back (engine compartment) of my NSX. They're good at being polite and offering you refreshments, but the advisor I dealt with didn't understand the work being done.

I wouldn't be too worried about what the guy who sits at the desk and handles customer service knows about working on an NSX. I would be more interested in if the place had an NSX certified tech and whether he knew what he was doing or not. If I recall the last time I asked Pleasanton had an NSX tech.

Acura of pleasanton can be hit or miss. When i lived there i took my integra there to test them out. I was not impressed with thier level of customer service. Yes, the tech being good is important but if you run into a problem with work they do, youll have to deal with a person behind a desk. The advisors and managers there can be difficult to work with if a problem arises. For service go to an nsx independent like don at hilltop or foreign affair. For tires in your area go to americas tire in either dublin or livermore. They have both done tires for my nsx and are careful with the car.

Thanks again.

Ask for Lance, their resident NSX expert.. He did most of the regular services on my NSX when I owned it.

Last edited:
This is the one on rosewood, correct? I took mine there for a wheel stud replacement and they did a very good job and were careful with the car. That being said they are one of the priciest dealers I have found. They quoted me just under $4K for a new OEM clutch while a dealer in Sac quoted nearly $800 less. Then I found Driving Ambition and Shad who came in for even less and will do a much better job. For major service I would stay away but for basic things their customer service is top notch.

^^^^
I agree, there's probably no one better than Driving Ambition.

They (Shad/Ryan) had also done work on my former NSX.

Acura did the scheduled services, but Driving Ambition did most of the other work.

Last edited:
Yup, go see Driving Ambition for a clutch. Get it done once, get it done right and enjoy the NSX for another 5-15 years before you even have to think about the clutch again.

Shad is well over $1K under Acura of Pleasanton when it comes to the clutch. Mine comes in today or tomorrow then my NSX goes under the knife hopefully next week :frown:

Customer service is definitely top notch in my book for A.O.P. They have I think two NSX techs in which the service manager told me. I agree that they are also a bit on the pricey side because I was quoted $300 for a PPI, & $70 for an oil change.

Back