• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuel Sender?

Hello Everyone, I am a new owner of a 96' NSX. The car is at the dealership to get a few things fixed but there is an issue. The gas level gauge shows empty, with gas in the tank. I asked them to replace the fuel sender but they told me they cant get a genuine or aftermarket part. Can anyone point me in a direction to head? My only thought right now is to try and take it apart myself and see if we can figure out why its not working and fix or modify it to work.

Thanks for your time.

Hello Everyone, I am a new owner of a 96' NSX. The car is at the dealership to get a few things fixed but there is an issue. The gas level gauge shows empty, with gas in the tank. I asked them to replace the fuel sender but they told me they cant get a genuine or aftermarket part. Can anyone point me in a direction to head? My only thought right now is to try and take it apart myself and see if we can figure out why its not working and fix or modify it to work.

Thanks for your time.
Welcome to Prime! The original part has been discontinued and replaced with: 37800-SL0-305. You need to drop the fuel tank to replace the sender.

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/37800sl0305

Wow, thanks so much for a fast reply. Just sent this info over to the mechanic. Thanks much.
Actually, you may be able to replace this without dropping the tank. The sender is accessible through the panel in the rear firewall behind the driver seat.

Back