• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Added another aluminum Honda to the stable.

00102.jpg

Pretty excited, it drives a lot like my old CRX only it's 10 year newer and gets way better gas mileage.

It will practically pay for itself over my previous daily driver IS300.

can someone explain to me why all these e-cars have rear fenders that close off like that? Whats the idea behind that? Thanks.

I really like the first generation of the Insight.

What happened to the badge and the gap on the hood seems a bit uneven from the picture, could just be the angle you took the photo.

What happened to the badge and the gap on the hood seems a bit uneven from the picture, could just be the angle you took the photo.

I think the front has been repainted too. The lower grill is usually black (not red).

I thought about one of those but honestly I am afraid of the battery going bad :frown:

I really like the first generation of the Insight.

It was in a minor front end accident, but these get totaled just as easy as the NSX because of the aluminum. (actually even easier because they aren't worth as much) I saw the pre-repair photos and it hardly looked like it was in an accident at all.

I just need to go in and realign things a little better.

Those are so awesome both my coworkers have one and my wife did. I miss it actually. Amazing car for its time and still so far ahead of any heavy weight gas "saver". You'll love it!

Very nice Insight. I had a 5 speed a year ago and got 65mpg consistently. I got the car for 3800 with a brand new battery from dealership as part of the warranty package.

While it was good, I got into an accident with it with a truck changing lane into me at 40mph. I hit the center median like a ping pong ball, bounced up and back down, front facing down. Both airbag deployed and I got a concussion, no serious injury. I am just glad I didn't get bounced onto the on coming traffic in the 1800 pounds tin can. I have attached some pictures for you to see the structural part of the front end.

Not to burst your bubble, I would drive very cautiously just like driving your NSX because the car is so light. If I can find another Insight, I might go for it again though.

The good news is, the parts are worth a lots of money and rare. I sold off most of the parts in two weeks that are in good condition for 4500 plus the junkyard took the chassis for 425. If I hold out longer for higher price, I will get more. I still have parts left over. I don't know where you are at but I have alot of interior parts that I can give you if yours are missing or dirty.

Attachments

• IMG_0366[1].jpg
    IMG_0366[1].jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0422[1].jpg
    IMG_0422[1].jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0127[1].jpg
    IMG_0127[1].jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 110
Very nice Insight. I had a 5 speed a year ago and got 65mpg consistently. I got the car for 3800 with a brand new battery from dealership as part of the warranty package.

While it was good, I got into an accident with it with a truck changing lane into me at 40mph. I hit the center median like a ping pong ball, bounced up and back down, front facing down. Both airbag deployed and I got a concussion, no serious injury. I am just glad I didn't get bounced onto the on coming traffic in the 1800 pounds tin can. I have attached some pictures for you to see the structural part of the front end.

Not to burst your bubble, I would drive very cautiously just like driving your NSX because the car is so light. If I can find another Insight, I might go for it again though.

The good news is, the parts are worth a lots of money and rare. I sold off most of the parts in two weeks that are in good condition for 4500 plus the junkyard took the chassis for 425. If I hold out longer for higher price, I will get more. I still have parts left over. I don't know where you are at but I have alot of interior parts that I can give you if yours are missing or dirty.
Awesome, you wouldn't happen to have floor mats would you?

Nice. I thought about one of those a while back but never got to drive one. Plus I wanted a bit more room, so I got the Fit instead.

I owned a 2000 Honda Insight in Citrus Yellow Metallic. I absolutely loved the car! In the city, I was getting high 50MPG to low 60MPG, highway MPG was in the 80's :eek:

Most 2000-2001 Honda Insights had the batteries replaced under a factory warranty which included software updates. The handling is amazing considering the wheels are 13". I strongly recommend the 1st generation Insight to any car enthusiast.

Congratulations on the purchase!

This thread got me interested to the point of searching for one on autotrader. Damn this car holds its value!!! There are only two available within 500 miles, and they cost from $7,000 to $9,000 still!! Do these cars still use the gay timing belt?

This thread got me interested to the point of searching for one on autotrader. Damn this car holds its value!!! There are only two available within 500 miles, and they cost from $7,000 to $9,000 still!!

x2 about to search Autotrader in a minute, would make for a good DD :biggrin:

Off topic: Is that E.T in your sig a stock run? if not what mods do you have? Curious cause we have the same exact cars

This thread got me interested to the point of searching for one on autotrader. Damn this car holds its value!!! There are only two available within 500 miles, and they cost from $7,000 to $9,000 still!! Do these cars still use the gay timing belt?

Tell me about it, I wish I could have found a nicer example, but it was either fly across the country for one at a higher price with higher mileage, or drive one state over and pick this one up. It's a bit of a fixer upper but nothing too terrible and unfixable, just annoying until it's all fixed up.

They use timing chains.

Am I the only one who reads these threads by other Primers showing their newly-acquired cars, thinks they're cool, wants one, starts researching the models and looking at cars for sale?

Guess not!
:biggrin:
You guys are gonna cost me a lot of money one of these days.
Cool car, e.pie.

Am I the only one who reads these threads by other Primers showing their newly-acquired cars, thinks they're cool, wants one, starts researching the models and looking at cars for sale?

Guess not!
:biggrin:
You guys are gonna cost me a lot of money one of these days.
Cool car, e.pie.

Thanks. :)

The Insight saves you mon though. :D

I'm good friends with John the owner. He also built a CRZ and put a K-series in it. The car got better mileage and is much faster

Wait... A k series in an insight gets better gas mileage than a stock insight?????

The original insight is an Uber-Cool Honda car. It is one of my all time favorites.

Sadly, Honda made a 2nd gen Insight that was so mediocre.

Back