• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

What color is that? Do you have a spare center cap? I think I just need one but need to double check.

The finish is called "hyperblack." It looks like the advan platinum black I had on my rzdf wheels. Kinda in between chrome/silver/black. The final result is sorta a shiny gunmetal if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Hey, what kind of lug nuts do these Model 5's take......stock, or another seat type?

Hey, what kind of lug nuts do these Model 5's take......stock, or another seat type?

Any aftermarket "taper" style lug nuts or "tuner" lug nuts will work. Even Advance Auto Parts or Autozone should sell acceptable aftermarket lugs that will work. I prefer steel aftermarket "tuner" lugs but many others use high end aluminum lugs as well. All depends on what you want to spend. Definitely do not use the stock lugs, they are the wrong taper and the wheels will loosen.

I use a lug very similar to these. Notice, as Chris said, it's a flat taper. Also notice, there is a free-moving washer which allows you to get precise torque readings w/o binding nut on the hub face of the wheel. Just don't torque these type of nuts over, say.. .85ft/lbs.

Kics_Project_Lug_Nugs_Locks_Honda_1.jpg

I believe he may have 1 or 2 spare caps he recently sourced.... Synth?

I have a FULL set of caps coming in from Japan. First set I've ever seen for sale since the model 5's have been discontinued. I believe two of the caps look good cosmetically, and another 2 have some scratches. I'll check when they arrive. Someone already PM'd me interest in the caps. If he doesn't want them, then I'll sell the set to someone else. I believe the total was around $100 + shipping. Not looking to sell these @ a profit or take a loss. So when these go up for sale, price will be firm at the exact price I paid.

I'll take em if the other person passes on them

Anyone have a spare center cap?

@synth19 - why don't you take the day off tomorrow and mount the 18-19 AVS Model 5's, cause everyone in the damn NSX community can't wait till the weekend :biggrin:

@synth19 - why don't you take the day off tomorrow and mount the 18-19 AVS Model 5's, cause everyone in the damn NSX community can't wait till the weekend :biggrin:

X2!!!

The "Don" agrees with this!!

Caps came in today, but are SOLD. Pleased with 3 out of the 4. I think the new owner only needs 2 of the 4, so maybe he can hook up someone who needs a spare.

Is it a member on here? I need to contact the buyer if they would sell me one cap. If you would please PM me, I would appreciate it

If anyone is looking, I will having coming available a 18/19 setup and also a 17/18 setup. Also, if anyone is looking for the mega rare 17" front set or 18" front set I may part with a pair for an interested party. It has been much easier to locate the rears (18x9, 18x10, 19x9, 19x10) but the fronts are really what has been nearly impossible to find.

I use a lug very similar to these. Notice, as Chris said, it's a flat taper. Also notice, there is a free-moving washer which allows you to get precise torque readings w/o binding nut on the hub face of the wheel. Just don't torque these type of nuts over, say.. .85ft/lbs.
Thanks guys, looks like I'll need to pick up a set of lugs!

Brian

^
Looks good. What did you settle for spacer wise? Can you get a complete side view with -4.4 camber rear?

Back