• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

I just pick up a set 17/18. I am going to do something to it that has never been done as in finish. There is Black chrome, Silver, Bronze, Glossy Black and Gun Metal finish. I have never seen this finish that I'm about to do. This might be the next big thing. :wink:

I just pick up a set 17/18. I am going to do something to it that has never been done as in finish. There is Black chrome, Silver, Bronze, Glossy Black and Gun Metal finish. I have never seen this finish that I'm about to do. This might be the next big thing. :wink:

Can't wait to see what you have in store...

Question to the experts, I have my rears @ 18x8.5 ... currently running 265 / 35 ... it would be safe to go 275 /35?
Thanks Experts!

Question to the experts, I have my rears @ 18x8.5 ... currently running 265 / 35 ... it would be safe to go 275 /35?
Thanks Experts!

The actual experts (the manufacturers of tires) will tell you that the approved rim widths for a 275/35-18 is 9.0-11.0 inches. I'm not sure of all of the criteria evaluated to determine the approved rim widths but I know that at least one of them, and likely the most critical, is safety.

You may also want to consider what a 275 section tire would look like on an 8.5" rim and whether you would like it.

Just another opinion... But I've got the tire manufacturers on my side :rolleyes:

J

I finally got some better outdoor pictures of Gunmetal 5's on Red;

Brian

Here is my 17/18 model 5's. Just got done striping and sand blasting off the original finish getting it ready for the "NEW" finish. Damn, these things still looks good even when bare aluminum :eek:

IMG_0445.jpg

Here is my 17/18 model 5's. Just got done striping and sand blasting off the original finish getting it ready for the "NEW" finish. Damn, these things still looks good even when bare aluminum :eek:

View attachment 100528

Lol that looks awesome as is! I'm curious re your sizes and offsets, ESp. Considering the downforce fenders you run

Back