• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

I'm running 19x10 19mm with 275 30 19 Falken FK452 with zero rub. My car is dropped quite a bit. It's crazy to me how different owners have such different allowances as far as offset is concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks AMAZING! WOW!!

Alas' wheels' new owner chiming in. :biggrin:

DSC_4622_opt.jpg

Only bad thing now, is that the 18/19s made my car a lot higher. The rear looks like a 4x4. Desperately need side skirts and a rear valence. I guess it's good that I don't scrape frame over speedbumps though. Too bad I already cracked my front lip, and only after 3 days of driving.

Last edited:
I'm running 19x10 19mm with 275 30 19 Falken FK452 with zero rub. My car is dropped quite a bit. It's crazy to me how different owners have such different allowances as far as offset is concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

I know on both fronts!! That shot is awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the same offset and tire sizes I'm using. I was worried at first since it's more aggressive than most people run on NSXPrime, but there is 0 rub. I don't believe my camber settings are wild either. They look to be about -2 to -3 degrees at most.
The fronts are where there's no real room to play. There fender lining is about even with the wheel arches, so even adding camber won't help the wheels tuck in when the suspension travels.

I know on both fronts!! That shot is awesome.

I wonder more and more if this is due to our cars being hand built?

I know it's a range of offsets, but some can easily run 19x10 19mm rear when others say 19x10 40mm is pushing it :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

That's the same offset and tire sizes I'm using. I was worried at first since it's more aggressive than most people run on NSXPrime, but there is 0 rub. I don't believe my camber settings are wild either. They look to be about -2 to -3 degrees at most.
The fronts are where there's no real room to play. There fender lining is about even with the wheel arches, so even adding camber won't help the wheels tuck in when the suspension travels.

Honestly I'm thrilled you said this. I do not lie and this is exactly what I experienced. My camber is literally "oem" settings, with a lower stance of course.

Jose (Alas) and I had gone back and forth a while on this, just glad to get a 3rd party opinion with a different NSX in the mix. Unreal!

I know it's a range of offsets, but some can easily run 19x10 19mm rear when others say 19x10 40mm is pushing it :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I'm thrilled you said this. I do not lie and this is exactly what I experienced. My camber is literally "oem" settings, with a lower stance of course.

Jose (Alas) and I had gone back and forth a while on this, just glad to get a 3rd party opinion with a different NSX in the mix. Unreal!

Don't know if you remember, but I PMed you back and forth a while back, and couldn't believe your specs since they were just so much more aggressive than what people said to run.
I chickened out on the RSiis, but should have been able to run the 19x10.5 +25. Offset calculator says the outer position is exactly the same as 19x10 +19.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris it was not the rears it was the fronts when they were 18x9 ET35 (they are now part of a 17/18 set) that caused the problem. The rears always looked great. Going to 18x8 ET30 in the front fixed a lot of the problem pulling in the outer wheel edge by 8 mm along with adding more front camber, raising the car a hair and running a stiffer damper setting.

JS2K is running pretty low (rubbing on speed bumps) and he has had to raise the car.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know if you remember, but I PMed you back and forth a while back, and couldn't believe your specs since they were just so much more aggressive than what people said to run.
I chickened out on the RSiis, but should have been able to run the 19x10.5 +25. Offset calculator says the outer position is exactly the same as 19x10 +19.

I agree with the RSii sizing. I may add a small spacer to the back once I lower the rear a tad. It is going to tuck in more and beg to be pushed out!

So what are your final offsets?

I am 18x8 +38 in front and I have a 3mm spacer. So with that said, front is like +35 (Falken 253's 215/35/18)
In the rear, I am 19x10 +45, and using an additional 5mm spacer to bring me to +40. I can PROBABLY get a few more mm's before rubbing. I might try to align my rears a bit and reduce camber. The problem is, I'm running 275/30/19 in rear which is the reason why I can't go too aggressive in rear offsets.

Last edited:
I am 18x8 +38 in front and I have a 3mm spacer. So with that said, front is like +35 (Falken 253's 215/35/18)
In the rear, I am 19x10 +45, and using an additional 5mm spacer to bring me to +45. I can PROBABLY get a few more mm's before rubbing. I might try to align my rears a bit and reduce camber. The problem is, I'm running 275/30/19 in rear which is the reason why I can't go too aggressive in rear offsets.

So that actually translates to something else since you have a Stoptech BBK.

Front final ET= +31mm
-Wheel: +38mm
-Spacer: -3mm
-ST Rotor: -4mm

Rear final ET= +37.2mm
-Wheel: +45mm
-Spacer: -5mm
-ST Rotor: -2.8mm

Thanks for the info since I am looking at a ST BBK.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm running the same setup no issues at all.

Siiickkkkkk.

With the df front fenders 17x8 +30 is perfect fitment
For some odd reason I'm really digging this pic.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think about my Model 5's new finish? Bright Silver with a Machine face/lip. The only Advan AVS Model 5's in this finish :biggrin:. Here's a few picture I took after I came home from picking them up. It look so nasty outside today that the picture doesn't really show the shine of the wheels and how nice it really looks. I will take better pictures once I get the tires mount and balance.

All 4 wheels
View attachment 100985

Front two.
View attachment 100986

Two rears.
View attachment 100987

Who refinished these?

:biggrin:

IMG_0543.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0562.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

For some odd reason I'm really digging this pic.

- - - Updated - - -

Who refinished these?

This wheel shop that I know here in town.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0572.jpg

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to acquire hub centric rings for a set of 17/18s? Based on my measurements the bore seems to be about 70mm. Any and all help would certainly be appreciated.

Another gunmetal on red shot, from the comments I've received people really do seem to like this combination;

Brian

Back