• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

Love how the SLS wheels look like model 5s

9532950500_48e24a949b_c.jpg

9532948718_b77b97c516_c.jpg

9532959190_36f16c4ddf_c.jpg

^ lol I mean the basic twin spoke design. I actually noticed alot of MB's run that design in their OEM wheels

Hey guys, I come from another Acura forum (TSXclub). I have a set of Advan model 5 wheels I want to sell. They are 17x8 with a +45 offset. I was wondering if I can get some help pricing out what to sell for, since from the looks of it, NSX owners like them.

Thanks!

Hey guys, getting ready to buy a set of Model 5's, which is the best brand/size/model of lug nuts you have found to work with these wheels???

18x10 rear with 5 mm spacer is similar to 18x10 40 mm offset. If I have 18x10 rear with 35 mm offset, do I need longer wheel studs?

not to toot my own horn but i haven't seen anyone have my rear sizes on here yet. i feel its the best sizing on the NSX and does not need any spacers

17x8 38 offset / 18x10 45 offset

on a rear 275/35/18 tire it looks perfect. if you want to go more flush you can add a 5mm spacer in the rear and not need longer studs.
)

I would not recommend these unless they have the spinning bottom. I can't tell from the picture if they have or not or the description but you'll eventually mess up your wheels finish and it will worsen with time if you remove your wheels a good amount.

Here is a link to the ones I recommend that are inexpensive. Mine have a locking nut along with the spine drive but can't find the link where I bought from. In the second picture you'll see the lug nut itself, then you'll see a silver/chrome looking part that seats up against the wheel itself. This part actually spins freely so when torquing down your wheels the lug nut itself doesn't twist and torque to the rim itself and it prevents scratching and damaging the coating.

http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Autom...&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive

http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automotive-71631NBC-Chrome-Thread/dp/B002809QXW/ref=cm_cr_dp_asin_lnk

Kics r40 are my favorite just haven't been able to purchase due to price. There's a few websites that sell for $230 shipped as well, I just linked the below website because it came up in my search real fast. Again you'll see a part of the lug nut at the bottom that is a different color and that spins freely as well to protect the wheel from harm
http://passwordjdm.com/Project-Kics-R40-Open-Ended-Locking-Lug-Neo-Chro-Extended-15mm-P3422C567.aspx

beauty! moar photos!

My goodness so demanding lol. Ok I took two more pictures do they make you happy now? I dont care I will take more. I will take pictures of that car in a meadow with deer and butterflies everywhere just to shut you up LOL.SAM_0253.jpg SAM_0254.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

x2!!! That looks frkn awesome!!

I'll have mine back and on this week... one off color!! And no, nothing ordinary!

You just like them so much because they are literally your old wheels. I wonder what this one off color for your 5's will be. This should be interesting and its nothing ordinary. I will take a guess. Body matching colored 5's aka lime green metallic. That would be different thats for sure. I cant wait to see. I will be watching.

Last edited:
39 pages on this thread? I just checked in to see what is going on here.... what the heck have you guys talked about for 39 pages?

My goodness so demanding lol. Ok I took two more pictures do they make you happy now? I dont care I will take more. I will take pictures of that car in a meadow with deer and butterflies everywhere just to shut you up LOL.View attachment 105528 View attachment 105529

- - - Updated - - -

You just like them so much because they are literally your old wheels. I wonder what this one off color for your 5's will be. This should be interesting and its nothing ordinary. I will take a guess. Body matching colored 5's aka lime green metallic. That would be different thats for sure. I cant wait to see. I will be watching.

Those turned out great looking man. Your car has been transformed.
PS. I lost your number so shoot me a text sometime. My phone lost all numbers recently...

There's nothing to see here Dave. (JUST THE MOST AWESOME WHEEL FOR THE NSX THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN IS ALL)

Please work on our next awesome GB please!

And you guys gave me shit for RSII's. Look how many own this flat thing you people own. Its flat as the earth during Christpher Columbus's time. Now you all have your own little group here... I just opened the door to see what's going on. Bunch of dudes posting photos and complimenting each other... exchanging phone numbers.... I've seen enough. I'm out. LOL

Last edited:
Hey guys, need your help. Just purchased a set of Advan Model 5's from a fellow prime member. Wheels looked great and nice guy to work with. I got them mounted yesterday and the rear wheel/tires stick out too much in my opinion. Both me and the seller were on the same page before I purchased the wheels that I was looking for a flush look...but this is a little beyond flush. What are my options to correct this? Seller mentioned to get alignment and camber adjusted.......?Screen shot 2013-09-11 at 10.12.24 AM.jpgScreen shot 2013-09-11 at 10.12.45 AM.jpgScreen shot 2013-09-11 at 10.13.00 AM.jpg

Rear - 18x10 - 19 offset mounted on 265-35-18 Dunlop Durenza Sport Z1's.
The car has Bilsteins.

Back