• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Advan Model 5s and Kaiser Silver..wheel guru help please!

Picked up some Model 5s from Chris not too long ago and a Kaiser Silver NSX. Having a hell of a time deciding what color wheel scheme to go with.

I'm leaning towards a gloss black but the original center caps would remain a bright silver unless I purchase some gloss black Advan center caps (not sure if they would work). Or the other option could be a bright silver wheel but not sure how that would look against the Kaiser paint with the split 5 spoke design.

This is the car.
img0948n.jpg

Any other color schemes that could work? Thanks.

I did pick up his car. Very, very nice guy.

I'm keeping the LMs and building on his car. Wouldn't mind having a 2 wheel set especially with 2 of my favorite wheels.

Oh yeah Model 5s are currently black but couldn't roll with them as they are. The car is too clean and the Advans need a new paint job desperately.

perhaps 'burning black' is a nice option (this is the "work" gunmetal color)

this is one of my personal options for my own model 5 set; very beautiful color

if in doubt INSTALL the wheels, take a few photos of the setup and photoshop it. that will give you the best 'rouch idea' before you go and pay for refinishing.

$(KGrHqNHJCEE7y+LZ97+BO-6S!Qtbw~~60_12.JPG

some pictures of the color of the wheels on another silver car that ive found on the internet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3017-1.jpg
    IMG_3017-1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,759
  • IMG_3024-1.jpg
    IMG_3024-1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,775
Last edited:
dark-silver NSX + preference for black-finish rims...

The Yokohama Advan AVS Model 5 was offered in a gun-metal finish, which admittedly is a really nice look. However, having Kaiser Silver Metallic NSX-T, I can see why you'd want more contrast w/ your wheels (whether a polished or satin silver finish, or a gloss black finish).

Some other notable JDM wheel manufacturers have some finishes that fall in-between gun-metal & black, as mentioned in this thread. Might be worthwhile to look into such (Rays Volk, Work, SSR, Mugen, Spoon, Enkei, PIAA, Blitz, etc).

FWIW, the 2008 - 2012 HFP 19" OEM-accessory wheels have a similar finish to the Washi-grey Zanardi/Type-S wheels, a very dark but shimmery gun-metal finish w/ a bronze/titanium hue. Looks great on thin-spokes. Jus' sayin'... :D

The '08 - '12 HFP 19" is probably my fav' wheel finish, and fav' Honda/Acura OEM-accessory wheel.

Last edited:
Bright Silver or a Dark gunmetal similiar to Washi Grey :cool:

Imo black doesn't show the awesome lines of the Model 5's well enough. Even a dark gunmetal would be better than black. These wheels have awesome contours.

Last edited:
bright silver is always a safe bet with the advans, if you are happy with the bbsLM finish then bright silver would be the way to go.

the darker you go the more aggressive the wheels would look; black would clash with kaiser silver as it may look too aggressive and clash with such a classy color of the car itself.

as others have mentioned, you really lose all lines of the black wheels, especially if the
- wheels are done in matte black
- the design of the wheels is a single piece and the entire wheel is 100% black

Last edited:
I'd say bright silver or hyper silver would match Kaiser Silver better.

Here's my Kaiser Silver with hyper silver colored wheels. Its almost a black chrome gunmetal like color.

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

other then the 4x4 suspension i think the color/car scheme is fantastic

I'd say bright silver or hyper silver would match Kaiser Silver better.

Here's my Kaiser Silver with hyper silver colored wheels. Its almost a black chrome gunmetal like color.

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

15992472_large.jpg

15992473_large.jpg

I know it is not Kaiser silver but this is likely what I will be doing with my car for color wise. A darker gunmetal maybe Magnum Grey

HAs amazing potential imo; but i would photoshop the other variety as well.

Last edited:
Back