• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan Wheel Finishes

I've been looking at wheels for years and I was never able to make up my mind on which I wanted. I'm now leaning towards the Advan RS. Is there a way to get some samples of the wheel finishes they have. I can't make up my mind between silver and dark gun metal. Looking at pictures I like the dark gun metal better. However in some pictures they look darker than others. I would much rater make my decision with actual samples in front of me. And I'm not talking about a color sample on paper but rather real metal with the actual finish on it.

I have the gunmetal finish and while I have no pics, they are actually a metallic dark grey. If thats your car in your sig, then I say go for the gunmetal. Thats and excellent color combo. VRoooM is also sporting the gunmetals in his build thread if you need some photos.

I agree they look amazing in the pictures. My fear is that I have never liked the look of black wheels on a car. But I seem to like these(in the pictures) From afar do the wheels look like painted wheels or can you still distinguish that it's a dark gun metal. In the second picture it's the same wheel but it doesn't look as dark.

Attachments

• RS-wheel-on-Red.jpg
    RS-wheel-on-Red.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 321
  • advan_rs_gun1.jpg
    advan_rs_gun1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Good luck trying to get a sample of the paint on a metal piece!

The descriptions here are correct, its a very dark, almost black metallic paint, but you'd never mistaken it for black.

Here're some pics I have of mine, under natural light outdoors:
38408_10150244411005273_559070272_13628727_7961012_n.jpg

38408_10150244410995273_559070272_13628725_1640592_n.jpg

38408_10150244410985273_559070272_13628723_4475286_n.jpg

38408_10150244410990273_559070272_13628724_454170_n.jpg

Anything that dark looks black from a distance in bad lighting without your glasses on. But in the broad daylighting, they look dark gray, and a very nice finish I might add.

I'm thinking that gunmetal would look good on a Brooklands Green...
What say you all?

Those pics look good!
Thanks.
I think I would do 17/18....and find some summer tyres for her.

Some more samples..... the color changes depending on the light. I say go for it!

Advan RS by synth19, on Flickr

Stoptech (Front) by synth19, on Flickr

Rear of my NSX by synth19, on Flickr

project kics-installed by synth19, on Flickr

6 by synth19, on Flickr

See that's what I mean in these pictures they don't look as dark. Especial in pic # 4. I would hate to pay 3K for wheels and not like them when they get here. So I'm assuming that the answer to the original question(getting a sample) is no.

are all the Advan gun-metal finishes the same, over the years?

I'm looking to get my Model-5's reconditioned to their original gun-metal finish. I've been unable to source a color/paint code or even any details on the finish. Anyone got any insight and/or contact that can offer such?

Re: are all the Advan gun-metal finishes the same, over the years?

I'm looking to get my Model-5's reconditioned to their original gun-metal finish. I've been unable to source a color/paint code or even any details on the finish. Anyone got any insight and/or contact that can offer such?
I've asked for Advans gold paint code numerous times with no luck. Even asked SOS at time of RS purchase with no luck. Apparently Advan does'nt offer any.:frown:

I live in Eastern Canada and I have only ever seen 1 other NSX around and had black wheels. I've never seen anybody remotely close to here post on the local forums. If I was in Central Canada or the US I might be able to find somebody. I was at a local car show last weekend and I could find anything that had a similar finish. If I do pull the trigger how long a wait time for these.

I live in Eastern Canada and I have only ever seen 1 other NSX around and had black wheels. I've never seen anybody remotely close to here post on the local forums. If I was in Central Canada or the US I might be able to find somebody. I was at a local car show last weekend and I could find anything that had a similar finish. If I do pull the trigger how long a wait time for these.

Eastern Canada? Ontario? If Ontario, I know at least 2-3 members with Advan RS or RZ with the gunmetallic finish. ETA if ordering? Check with an authorized Advan vendor. If they have them in stock, shouldn't take too long. If not in stock and they have to order from Japan, then we're talking about 3 months typically.

No I'm way east in New Brunswick. I know Ontario I could have found someone. But you gave me an idea. I now a local ricer forum that I could ask. Doesn't have to be on a NSX as long as it`s the same wheel that`s all I want.

freeon- Where are you from? Can you ask in your local area subforum if anyone has the color and can meet up? Personally, I think you should just pull the trigger. If you don't like the finish in person, then you have a more serious problem! :biggrin: I guarantee you will dig it!
^^^^Ditto. FWIW if you decide to change colors, it's a one piece wheel which makes it easy. But seriously I can't imagine not liking the color, especially on red.

Typically 10-12 weeks to get them in from Japan.

As everyone else has said the Dark Gunmetal is pretty dark, but it all depends on the lighting. Here is a pic of some we sold few weeks back:

7042310899_d426520939_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back