• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advice on longterm relationship

Thank you to EVERYONE!

I'm quite overwhelmed with the amount of advice given and I appreciate it tremendously :)

I think the one thing that helped me realize my situation the best was the question NemesisX asked. If someone in my family told me of their situation that was like mine, what would I say?

Along with the perspective that I'm still young, my life sticks with me, women come & go.

Thank you again.

Im really glad I could help Reflux!!! I hope that brings clarity to the decisions you make. Let us all know how things work out for you!

Ok here's the update:

I broke it off with her yesterday, 3.5hr phone call. Most of the time she spent crying/sobbing & I tried SO hard not to as well. Near the end I couldn't hold it any longer and I hid my face in a towel and let some tears come through.
I did this because from previous times of trying to break up with her/take some time away from each other, I would eventually give in and stay with her, agreeing that we continue trying. That's not what I wanted this time.

This time I forced myself to keep my foot on the floor and stand my ground.

We agreed that there would be no resentment towards each other.
All in all it was relatively peaceful. I still have respect for her and hopefully she feels the same towards me.

I'm not sure know how this will affect our friends & family (our families got close) but I guess time will tell.
My mom suggests to keep our distance (her & me + my family & hers) because of the awkwardness, not to mention the inevitable "So what happened between them?" question that would arise.
My dad says to stay friends.
I think the best option is to keep some distance between us, then slowly bring back a friendship (if that can happen).

Thanks to everyone & their suggestions/advice/insight/comments. After I got off the phone with her, I felt some doubts creeping up so I came back to this thread and all those doubts were put to rest.

Now, I'm just trying to keep myself as busy as possible, to do all the things I missed out on these past 3 years & to make myself a better person.

Thank you so much.

I think you did the right thing. And yeah, keeping the distance is the ONLY way to handle it - even though your sou will feel like it's bleeding out. The "lets just be friends" thing is total BS. Last thing you want in your life journey is to drag an emotionally immature women along with you. :rolleyes: *shakes head*

If you find things really tough, a mate of mine found this website VERY helpful. http://www.brokenheartsville.com/ You gotta pay for access but it comes with a personal recommendation from my mate. Maybe subscribe as a last resort; it should be more sympathic than NSXPrime forums.

One bit of advice; being busy is good but make sure you grieve. Tears turn into bitterness if your emotions are bottled up. :(

Lastly, if you need any relationship advice, maybe <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/member.php?u=4922">AndyVecsey</A> can help. :D

Hey, been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Its a rough road but it will get better with time. You just have to know that you did the right thing for the both of you. Know that you will find the right girl to compliment your life rather that conflict your life. Best of luck to you!

http://www.drphil.com/

6b.jpg

tictack-big.jpg

Back