• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

After posting

D

dollenz

Hi Lud,

Every time I respond to a post I get sent back to the topic (which is fine). Next, when I try to get back to the forum it brings me right back to where I was before at the same topic with my answer and there is no way to get out of it. Perhaps it is my machine, or perhaps I don't know what I'm doing. I have a Macintosh G-3 blue and white, 400mhz and lots of RAM.

I'm not entirely sure I understand your questions but let me try explaining how I do it.

After I post a message I click on the forum name at the top right of the screen. The "tree" at the top right shows:
"NSX Prime Message Forums"
Forum Name (i.e. "NSX Prime Discussion")
Message Thread Subject (i.e. "After posting")

If I click on the forum name it goes back to the list of all message topics in that forum. On that screen it shows me the updated message list for that forum with the thread I just replied to at the top since that one now has the most recently updated message (the one I just posted).

If it's not showing you the updated list, try hitting "reload" or "refresh" in your browser. If you are running any kind of web cache it may not reload the updated list unless you hit reload a couple times.

If this doesn't answer your question let me know.

Thank you Lud. I wasn't using the tree - of course it makes perfect sense. I was just hitting my back button trying to get back to the forum. !!! Thanks again.

Back