• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Antenna - Where to find on that's not $400 ?

I was interested in finding the antenna that's fixed, and ruberized style... And I think its only about 8" tall...

Has anyone had any eperience with this style and does it function properly?

Thanks

NSXJunkie

i've read that the honda s2000 antena will fit. it's about the size you're wanting. i believe it retails for $120ish. The audi TT roadster antenna retails for $85ish and seem like it will fit as well.

------------------
Xane Ze

Alex V had a stubby antenna on his car at NSXPO. There should be a pic somewhere in Lud's NSXPO pics. I asked him about it and here was the reply:

That antenna fits without modifications. I did have to shorten the cable that came with the antenna to cut down the excess, but no mods to the NSX wiring or fender hole were needed. It is the only aftermarket stubby antenna that I know that does not require any modifications to the NSX. The S2000 antenna requires enlargement of the fender hole to make it fit. It looks like it is an amplified antenna, with wiring for power. Reception is decent, with no noticeable loss.

It is made a company called ZENDAR, and should be available at any auto accessories store. If you have trouble finding it, let me know. I can get it for you from out here in Southern CA. It costs about $55.

HTH.

Regards,

Alex

ALEXANDER A. VIZCARRA

NSX Club of America

------------------
92 Red/Blk

I found an antenna that's even less expensive, and I swear the reception is just as good as the S2000 or NSX stock antennas. It's a wire hanger and I got it from my local dry cleaners. They gave it to me for free with my cleaning. It looks just like it came from the factory.
biggrin.gif

NXSTASY is right. The best part is that it comes complete with this really neat cardboard tube. If you dip it in wax it is a great waterproof cigarette holder. BTW, if you can get a black hanger, they look really sharp !

funny funny.....
seriously... the short antenna looks great on Alex V's car. Goes well with his red and black theme and black wheels.
I thought about doing that antenna myself after seeing it at the XMAS party this year.
I'm surprised it's so inexpensive.

I didn't know there was any part on that car that costs under 5K.
biggrin.gif

xane ze,
Did you get the antenna...i followed the link and sent an email but have heard nothing?

------------------
92 Red/Blk

I didn't know there was any part on that car that costs under 5K.
biggrin.gif

Oil filters list for $14, the crush washer is $.35, the rubber end caps that keep coming off the bracket behind the spare tire are around $6, etc.

i don't know what the deal is but those fargin' iceholes haven't returned my e-mail either. great service, kinda like another vendor that i've tried buying stuff from. he sent me the wrong product and when i asked to exchange it for the item i ordered, he replied crying giving me this long diatribe on how he gets 800 e-mails a day (sure.) i never received the product or heard from him again.

normrd - nice find on the other site, and i apologize for leading you in the wrong direction.

------------------
Xane Ze

Which fixed antenna do you guys think is better anyways?

I'd like to replace my automatic one w/ one of those short rubbery one's.... Like the one that was in the pic from NSXPO... that looked sharp.

-Electro

Originally posted by Jay:
I have located the US distributor and waiting for a price quotation from them. Let's see if they will do a group buy. Send me an email if you are interested.

Jay
[email protected]

Hi Jay,
I would be interested. If you can get the same price or better than Starmotors, then I will be definitely interested.
My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

Aren't you guys afraid the fixed antena would get knocked off in the auto car wash!

I don't think most of us take our cars to the autowashes...but i think it would be fine for those who did.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Originally posted by randall:
Aren't you guys afraid the fixed antena would get knocked off in the auto car wash!

actually, if you look at the specs on the zendar mini racing, it appears to have a 45 -90ish degree hinge. so if you are one of the few that don't hand wash, you still shouldn't have a problem with "knocking" it off. though i could be wrong

------------------
Xane Ze

[This message has been edited by xane ze (edited 19 December 2001).]

Back