• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Spring Installation Cost...$1,200???

I just had my Bilstiens done at Adreneline XXX for $168.75 and then they sent me down the street to NTB and I got a high tech wheel alignment for $82.49. PM me for more info.

I just did it with a friend of mine today, we had air tools, took me 1 hour and 12 minutes to get all four out and four tein coilovers in, its not that bad of a job, the long part is adjusting the coilovers after. :) thanks for all the help guys..

Yep, not major surgery at all. When I put Tein coilovers in mine, I discovered that the trick is leaving only one nut (the rear-facing one) on the top of the shock assembly, so that you can wiggle the whole unit around into the positions you need, while keeping it anchored to the chassis so that you can pry the lower arm off with your 2x4 or prybar. Once the bottom is out, you're golden.

My advice, save the $1200 and get some dirt under your nails. You'll feel more "connected" to your car afterwards. :smile:

I just did it with a friend of mine today, we had air tools, took me 1 hour and 12 minutes to get all four out and four tein coilovers in, its not that bad of a job, the long part is adjusting the coilovers after. :) thanks for all the help guys..

ha! if its your first time, theres a lot of trial and error as a lot of the instructions you find online are not that clear.

Use the 2x4 trick but you do not need a 300 lb man to sit on the lever. If you push down too far, you won't be able to remove the OEM shocks as they are much longer than after-market coilovers. Theres a happy medium where you sit on the 2x4, and then you (or another person works best) can twist the bottom part of the OEM shock out of the cup. Theres only about 1" of clearance to get the OEM shocks out of the bottom piece. We tried using spring compressors but they were useless and are more in the way than they are any good.

GL and let us know how it goes! :)

Back