• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ages of NSX owners

35 here. Bought my first NSX, a 94 model w/ 40k miles in 2002. Then bought a 91 model (w/9k mies) in 2006. Loved them both. Still have the 91-has 11k miles now.

My hat is off to all you young guys in your 20's and 30's. The NSX was my dream car and after I started my business in 1990, this car was a goal of mine. I paid cash for my new 95 those five years later and still love the car today at 62 years old. Still stock except for wheels. I don't know how you young guys could afford this kind of car but then again, I did own a 65 Corvette 425 HP 396 in 1967. Considering the time difference, perhaps things are the same afterall. I guess we find a way!

Bought mine when I was 25, and all you US taxpayers paid for it! :biggrin:
I'm 29 now, and will be getting my second one eventually, and you are all paying for it again. :wink:

purchased when i was 45 - 2 years ago.

part of my car trading scheme....
1999 bought a '72 cuda fully restored for $8K
2001 sold it for more than double w/out making any changes

2003 bought a replica Ferrari Daytona for $22K
2007 sold it for $30K - only change was a lowered suspension

early 2008 bought my NSX with the Daytona money
... when i get too old to get in and out of the nsx, i'll sell it and pick up an nice bentley.

That it cost more than $3k.
That it does not appreciate in value (never finance a depreciating asset).
So people should never finance a "new" car?:confused: Thats the worst depreciating asset you can buy but most working class have to finance them.

That it cost more than $3k.
That it does not appreciate in value (never finance a depreciating asset).

So people should never finance a "new" car?:confused: Thats the worst depreciating asset you can buy but most working class have to finance them.

Don't worry everything is on latzke. He refuses to let anyone finance :biggrin:

Many people would say that no, you should never finance any car including new.

Personally, I always take some sort of loan, but I can also always buy the car cash. As long as the interest rates are insanely low, I take the loan, that is.

I like to build the credit history. My ridiculously high credit score helped a lot on my mortgage. To me, the extra cash I paid in interest on the few car loans Ive had was worth it for that history.

But I always had those loans backed by the cash to pay them down immediately if I had to. So in a way, that is more along the lines of what latzke is saying.

Lots of people pat themselves on the back for having "achieved" big luxury items when in reality, they are a half paycheck away from completely losing it. I think that is also part of what he is saying.

Just turned 39. Bought my 05 Blue/Camel NSX (#173) with 12 miles on September 5, 2005. Picking up an 03 Yellow/Yellow (#99) with 35k miles tomorrow to use as a daily driver!

Back