• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ages of NSX owners

Just turned 39. Bought my 05 Blue/Camel NSX (#173) with 12 miles on September 5, 2005. Picking up an 03 Yellow/Yellow (#99) with 35k miles tomorrow to use as a daily driver!

:biggrin: niceee

Bought mine a little over 3 weeks ago at the age of 30. Will be 31 in 2 weeks. I consider it my early b-day present, the best present I've ever gotten! And no, I'm never going to sell it! :smile:

I am 20 now. Got mine at 18!:) Youngest Prime Owner:)

have long after.. did u turn 18 and then buy the car? im taking this to the exact.. lol

I'm 59 and bought mine a month ago - 91 Sebring Silver - 41k miles. Have had a bunch of cars and love this one and plan to keep it longer than any of the others - it's a great car!

I am 20 now. Got mine at 18!:) Youngest Prime Owner:)

yeah your the youngest member I believe but I think there was somebody that got their NSX younger then you at the age 16 for their birthday I swear I read that some where on this site only if that was a joke I wonder where that dude is and if he still has the car

I'm 37 and bought @ 35.

Some results:
137 responds for age,
93 --""-- for first bought.

average age of NSX owners = 37.66
average age on first purchase = 33.21

later on will try to make graphs...

As promised here are graphs:

Age of owners in per cent:

picture.php

Age when first purchased:

picture.php

38 here and owned it for 4 years and its my 17th car I had

I'm 37 and bought @ 35.

Some results:
137 responds for age,
93 --""-- for first bought.

average age of NSX owners = 37.66
average age on first purchase = 33.21

later on will try to make graphs...

:cool: THANKS GENIUS!! ... no, seriously, awesome info!....

-------

As personal opinion about age, well, I believe that is fantastic to have such car when 18 -20 etc .... the only problem is that after this maybe you'll be broken forever, so, you better be ready for ahaha .... meaning you only could look for something north of 80K for you to have fun once again and here is why ....

When I was 24 I had a chance to buy a "real car", FINALLY (I never buy new) ... after driving an 88 Prelude (dream car when child) ... lol and numerous cars in Brazil (dad's cars) that aren't "super" by any means, so, I had a 13K budget, around that time a beat up 91 NSX was 25-28K (I am talking about 7 years ago, which only shows how AMAZING is the NSX value) ... a "ok" S2000 was the same price, instead I got a 95 Prelude for 12K, FANTASTIC car btw, that b/c I didn't want to spoil or RUIN my S2000 nor NSX experiences getting beat up versions of them .... 4 years ago I had 23K budget, again, same issue, either to buy a GREAT condition very low miles S2000 (and a house, which I got and don't regret) or a BEAT UP NSX .... hummmm .... man, that was hard, again, I chose to jump from 190HP car to a 240HP rwd Car, another INCREDIBLE car was my S2000 (bought with 12K miles, NEW basically) ... 3 years later (9 months ago) My budget was 43K .... and this time I was: "Should I keep my paid off S2k, and get a beat up NSX? or should I get a PRISTINE low miles 3.2 NSX? ... I saw nsx's from 23K to 33K .. none really made me crazy -I had some very disappointing episodes-, in part b/c my S2k was ... not kidding, like BRAND NEW, and a GOOD/SERVICED/1 owner/PERFECT Shape NSX is always in demand and no less than 35K .... but then I though, well, I did all the stages, I think I am ready, I have a 98 V6 Accord that i use as DD anyways, I paid my duty with my RUSTED 88 prelude - 95 Prelude - 2002 S2000, now my time has come, so @ age 31 I got my NSX low miles that, out of the Taillights/Gaskets (that I am replacing arghhh) it is absolutely pristine and fully serviced,,,

For me, this is not the end of course, I hope some day I can get a used P11 or even this "Italia" that in 12-13 years they could be somehow "affordable"

.... But i am SOOOO Glad I took my time, had patience, had a dream, I had experienced some, that made me value even MORE how the NSX is amazing and that, no one can take form me ...

For the younger kids I will say, I am extremely happy for you all, and I hope the NSX experience can be super rewarding, don't get mad if the NSX isn't the "FASTEST" (that can be subjective) car on the planet ... remember it came in 1990 .. but it is an AMAZING engineering achievement, SUCH HIGH LEVEL that Honestly I don't believe Honda would ever repeat .... :)

Happy motoring!
Oscar

PS: Sorry for such long -old person- talk lolol

33 going on 34 only had mine for 4 months now,, and love everyday,, could'nt afford it till now, its an older one but mint condition 1992 BLK/BLK 2005 TL Navigation installed, ugly stock chrome rims though!! if I would have gotten this car at 25 I would be dead by now!!

RAPIDLY heading for 39 :( Last time I answered one of these threads on Prime I think I was 32 or 33! Now THATS depressing! LOL

Similar to TitaniumVtec, I traded my last NSX (the 03) for a 911 thinking "back seats, practical!" when we started talking about kids; then traded that in for the daughter very shortly later (in reality, not so practical!) and am just now returning after a 2 year 7 month hiatous. For the other parents in the group, they'll concur that by the middle of the "terrible twos" you start to need SOME kind of outlet :D

Last edited:
27..I bought my first NSX when I was 23. Sold it a year later and started on a new project: SUPRA single turbo. I bought my current NSX this year.

I have had mine 2+ years. Bought it at 32, missed my goal of having a NSX by 30. Have wanted the car since 91'. Have had company cars for 11 years so squirreled away $400 per month like I had a car payment. Paid cash with money left over. The car has been a joy. Itching for another toy for the stable but running out of garage space!

Mine's coming when I'm 25 (Bday gift to myself and I'm 22 in at the end of the month) (Insurance is hell if I buy before that + need a second car since Canada sucks.)

However none of the ages are surprising..on a few other forums I'm on, Lamborghini owners average about 26 as well, one bought a 05 Gallardo on his 18th bday (May 2009 i think?) (I wouldn't have believed it...but they had proof and daddy didn't help there either)...

Cool to see the varying ages though.

baught one my own money back when i was 18 since then i have baught and sold 7 nsx's ranging from 91 to 2002 now im 28. worked my ass off since 14 and saved

61, years young, the NSX is by far the finest car I have owned, world class style, handling, and engineering all rolled into a car that is dependable to drive. Below are the cars I had so far in the journey down the road. :eek:
Previous cars
1959 MGA :frown::
1961 MGA fixed head coupe:redface:
1961 Ford Galaxie:cool:
1955 Plymouth Savoy :biggrin:
1970 plymouth Duster:smile:
1971 plymouth duster 340:biggrin:
1963 Austin Healey 3000:biggrin:
1973 Toyota Corolla:tongue:
1977 Ford Thunderbird:cool:
1979 Chevy Malibu Wagon:tongue:
1980 Chevy astro :tongue:
1985 Honda Prelude:biggrin:
1987 Acura legend coupe:biggrin:
1991 Mazda 929:biggrin:
1983 BMW 633 CSL:biggrin:
1967 Austin Healey 3000:biggrin::biggrin:
1987 BMW M6 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Current cars
2002 Chevy Astro
2004 Acura TL
1991 Acura NSX:biggrin::biggrin:

I'm 36, bought the car when I was 36 and have wanted one since I was 18.

So, after 18 years of waiting, and wanting....3 (young) children and one awesome wife, I finally made my dream happen (last week). I could always find an excuse of why it was better to spend money on the family rather than a toy for daddy that will be driven....occasionally...only 5 or 6 months out of the year and stored the other 6-7 months. My wife encouraged me to follow my dream and get the car.....and I don't regret it (of course, it's only been a week).

Back