• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Air Induction System

Is anyone familiar with the Cantrell Air Induction System as presented in the NSX Classifieds? Thoughts/ideas. Ram air seems to make sense but the engine compartment is far from a sealed enclosure.

I have never seen this guy's design, but in general to achieve any "ram air" effect, the scoop needs to stick into the airstream. So anything using the stock side vents is going to come up short of a true "ram air" function.

I won the drawing for this system a little while ago and had it installed last week along with some other nonrelated stuff. It seems to be of good quality and all the instructions are included. And a few stickers too. Instructions look pretty straight forward and simple. I drove the NSX all day the day previous and took it in on Friday. I pleasantly surprised by the throttle response and the engine "rumble" - basically the air coming thru the vent seems to be a bit louder. Anyway, I did notice a difference thru the scientific butt-in-seat dyno so it was definitely worth entering the drawing for. I think the normal cost is $325 so if the mod bug is in 'ya I say pick it up.

FYI, my engine is basically stock except for a K&N filter. If someone is getting rid of their stock airbox, I'd be glad to provide permanent storage.
smile.gif

Feel free to private me for more info.

Shawn

I installed the Placebo Air Induction System and it gave me a big difference on the seat-of-the-pants dyno, too.
biggrin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. I don't know anything about the Cantrell system, and for all I know it may even provide extra power. But it sure is helpful to see before-and-after dyno results on mods. Unfortunately, relying on "ram air" to work means that you can't get results on the dyno, and I'm leery of mods that can't be measured - particularly if they involve changes of sounds and engine speed that can affect your perception of results. Nothing personal intended, just pointing out an obvious problem that makes it difficult to evaluate this mod.

Back