• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alberta NSX meet

I was in conversation with Warren(Edmonton area owner) and was wondering if any fellow NSX owners would be interested in a trip to Banff in late May or June. From the sounds of things the NSX community does not have the opportunity to get together very often. I am a fairly new owner from July 2012 but I would love to go for a drive with fellow enthusiasts. What better time to get the ball rolling than when it is -35 outside.
Regards,
Travis

Depending on the weekend, I'd be good for that.

I am glad a few have chimed in. Still a few months to go and some interest shown is a good start. Just curious what is the largest gathering Alberta members have been able to muster in the past.

Im in depending on the weekend. To answer your question (from calgarys side anyways and maybe Leongboy can pipe in), lately we've been getting 3 to 5 out at a time, the largest one i can remember was a quite a years back (2010?) when we cruised out to Red Deer, we must have had about 12 come out?

Yup and NsxWest in Kelowna with about 20 cars from Alberta and BC.
Back in the day buddy.
Trev

I am interested in an AB meet.

PS- I'm not afraid of a little driving... have been taking the NSX to YVR for a little R&R each of the past few summers, I even went twice last year. I am also looking forward to seeing where NSXPO will be this year.

Yup and NsxWest in Kelowna with about 20 cars from Alberta and BC.
Back in the day buddy.
Trev
I thought there was more around 15, but still quite a bit. Probably only remember it as 15 due to the group photo at the Acura dealer, but with various owners schedules there certainly could have been 20 total over the weekend. Decent quantity of our fine ride considering how uncommon they are.

IMGP0800.jpgIMGP0803.jpgIMGP0806.jpgIMGP0947.jpgIMGP0948.jpg

Hey, we should be planning this. Anybody got any ideas what we can do for a meet?

Not sure what the OP had in mind besides Banff. I'm willing to stay there overnight, and I suspect the folks from farther away would want to as well.
If we are interested in activities of the non-driving variety I can see what my contact at Brewster recommends for local attractions for a group of us.

My car hits the road next week with fresh paint and some new body bits… I am definitely looking forward to this!

Honestly I am not set on Banff as an end location and I did not have anything else planned as I have no connections for special spots.I would however, be planning on staying at a hotel overnight unless people want to take a tent haha. At this moment I am committed to attending Race for the Cure on June 20th and 21st as a photographer. The 21st is an open event with a show and shine at Castrol Raceway. Not sure if people would be interested in doing something around this. Are people able to get extra time off or would this be better for a Saturday/Sunday?

As for dates, i am guessing more people would be available on a weekend, but the only way to know for sure is to plan something!
I think Banff is a great idea for a destination! Those of us in Calgary could meet you along the way, like in Red Deer, Innisfail or Sundrre, depending on your route. We could then caravan to Banff. Just my thoughts, I'm no expert at this.

BTW- that Racing for A Cure looks very cool- lots of things for a car nut to do, I may be able to attend.

I would be in if it was after June 6th. I also have a friend with a 92 CTSC who would probably go too.

Last edited:
I'll keep following this thread. I'm a tentantive depending on dates as I can't always get away being a single dad and all.

It appears that there is another function in the works for July 19th that people may be interested in going to in Kelowna. I unfortunately will not be able to attend this one as I have prior commitments.

Is this thing dead? has everybody given up?

If not we need to narrow down dates and move forward. Scrolling back in the thread it looks like mid-June (except the 20-21 weekend) or early July will work for those who have responded.

Sean - While we're waiting for the bigger alberta meet, why not round up the boys and we'll get something going mid week at the Grey Eagle or something? Even a friday night jaunt. I want to see your car in person after all your mods.

There is a run to Kelowna in July maybe you are interested in.
Trev

- - - Updated - - -

There is a run to Kelowna in July maybe you are interested in.
Trev
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/181863-Nsx-west-fest-2014

Thanks for the info Trev! I am interested in both the Kelowna meet (West Fest) and as many local gatherings as I can make it to. Just trying to plan around work and family commitments.

Wil- I am anxious to meet up soon as well. I can't wait to show off the new mods, especially the small scratches that I got in a parking lot today! :-(

Seriously, let's try to set something up.

Last edited:
Back