• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alert!!! NSX group drive postponed to March 6 / 7th due to rainy weather prediction!

Group drive options

• Total voters
Original thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131108 Rain predicted Feb 20 & 21, so need to postpone drive to March 6 / 7th!!!

I'm also creating a poll for people to vote on the route & date!!!!!

I am pondering a couple of choices:

1. http://bit.ly/cm7wK4 - meet up at costco north phoenix.

2. http://bit.ly/aShArS - meet up near Mill Avenue, drive to Florence.

I'm torn between these two drives, and really love both.

However, there will be bad traffic going to the Renaissance Fair so take that into consideration.

Please vote for your choice of routes & whether Sat or Sun!!!!

Either day / route, we'll meet up around 8:30 ~ 9am, drive to somewhere for lunch around 11am, and plan to head back after lunch.

Bring: GPS units and walkie-talkies.

Last edited:
Yes, this weekend it isn't looking so good...

Feb 20Showers Sat
Feb 21Showers Sun

Right now it looks like rain forecast this weekend and next weekend... :frown:[/QUOTE]

Either day in March but would rather do Route 1, nicer drive from the looks of it.

Last edited:
LOL, you know I always look forward to seeing you Jonathan...

Call me, Eric is having his rolled on Sunday by someone from S2K that does a killer job for 25.00 a fender. Really good work, can't tell it was even done. I will have Eric give you his number.

Dang Jim you sound disappointed lol.
I'd like to. Just have to make plans and roll my fenders...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
i've been in renassaince festival traffic... it's as bad as the worst day of traffic you've ever been stuck in on the 101 at rush hour. It's assholes to elbows, and you won't need walkie talkies, because you'll be able to get out of your car and walk faster than drive.

i'm not planning on doing the drive, just trying to increase the enjoyment for those that do go.

so looking like sunday? I can probably make it, at least if it goes reasonably early.

Specially to prescott... that's right up my side of town.

Assuming my car gets out of the shop... the tire shop hit a curb with my super low Shine Kei front lip... and then i hit a brick wall turning into my driveway! ugh!!!

Damm....if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all...
Hope things are getting better...

Assuming my car gets out of the shop... the tire shop hit a curb with my super low Shine Kei front lip... and then i hit a brick wall turning into my driveway! ugh!!!

Has the meeting time and place been decided ?

Still need to know when and what time the meet up is going to be.

Hi Jim
I think they will meet up at the Costco parking lot at I-17 and roughly the 101around 8:30 - 9:00 seems that is what Frank was proposing in the previous thread. Perhaps the West side guys can meet somewhere on this side of town and hook up with everyone else. Looks like they will be heading west from Costco on the Carefree highway to Grand ave. Any thoughts where we west siders can meet close to that?

Hi Don...
Roger that...
Great idea of the west side guys hooking up somewhere first. I think Jim from the Surprise area is going as well...so the 3 of us should meet somewhere first and head to Costco together...
Let's pick a place and time...

Hi Jim
I think they will meet up at the Costco parking lot at I-17 and roughly the 101around 8:30 - 9:00 seems that is what Frank was proposing in the previous thread. Perhaps the West side guys can meet somewhere on this side of town and hook up with everyone else. Looks like they will be heading west from Costco on the Carefree highway to Grand ave. Any thoughts where we west siders can meet close to that?

Have we drawn straws (or decided) for Saturday or Sunday yet?

Are we doing this March 6 or 7?
What is the route. Looks like rain is coming on Sunday, so Saturday may be best bet :)

Sat
Mar 6

<!-- wxicon & forecast -->
30.gif

Partly Cloudy

<!-- temps -->75°
50°

<!-- precip -->0%

<!-- chart --><TABLE class=tdBarChartTop cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
75°F

<!-- row --><!-- wrapper for row --><!-- day 5 --><!-- wrapper for row --><!-- row --><!-- Date -->Sun
Mar 7

<!-- wxicon & forecast -->
11.gif

Showers

<!-- temps -->65°
44°

<!-- precip -->40%

<!-- chart --><TABLE class=tdBarChartTop cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
65°F

Check Flight Delays

Well, the vote is 9 for sunday. i'd rather still go sunday. It's not like the car will melt if water touches it. Though i realize some people worship the car a s a god like figure, you'd be amazed at how water repellant aluminum actually is.

Are you sure, I've heard they do melt if water gets anywhere near them, LOL...

It's not like the car will melt if water touches it. Though i realize some people worship the car a s a god like figure, you'd be amazed at how water repellant aluminum actually is.

Last edited:
Back