• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alpine 6 Disc DVD Install Question

I have decided to install an Alpine 6 disc DVD changer as opposed to a 6 disc CD changer as I am planning on doing NAV later.

I purchased the two additional adapters that are needed for a normal Alpine to Honda CD Changer Ai-NET to M Bus conversion...

However, I am getting no power out of my Alpine DVD player. The only difference I see between the Alpine 6 disc CD Changer and the Alpine 6 disc DVD changer is the small switch (1 or 2) that needs to be set at '2'. The DVD changer doesn't have such a switch as the CD changer.

Any other ideas as to what may be the problem? I am at a loss.

Thanks,
Michael.

I'm fairly certain the Alpine DVD changer is NOT a M-bus/Ai-Net hybrid changer like the CHA-S604, S614, S624, and S634. That is why the DVD changer does not have the 1/2 switch. This switch is used to put the changer in Ai-Net mode or M-Bus mode.

You need to use the Alpine DVD changer with an Ai-Net Alpine headunit, or if you use it as a stand alont unit you need to hook up the power wires provided and use the analogue outputs and wired IR input eye mounted up front and use the prodived remote. Interfacing that unit with the stock NSX system is still a major problem for you though.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, it was helpful. I guess the only way out in order to connect the DVD changer to the stock system would be to FM modulate it, or to get some type of Bose Interface adapter. I'll look into it and let everyone know if I can come up with a better solution.

Thanks for the help.
-Michael.

Back