• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

alpine cd/mp3 w/ amber illumination

Does anyone know which Alpine cd/mp3 head unit models have the amber illumination capability to match the interior and if there are any worthy ones to look at? I am looking for one with a built-in amp, Ai-Cd compatible, and in the $200-$500 range.

thanks,

Rick

Rick, take a look online at Crutchfield.com. They have detailed information, but the prices are a bit higher then I've found at local stereo stores. They will give you an idea of what to look for at the stereo store.

I like the Alpine CDA-7995. Seem like something that would work for you. You can change the illumination to amber. Oh, and it's well within your $200 - $500 range. :)

h500CDA7995-f-1.jpeg

Good Luck,
Z

Last edited:
Hi There. 7998 is the only current alpine unit with amber color option. Others have combination of red/blue/green. The amber color is only for the buttons which are green by default, and the bio-lite display remains a white color. Unfortunately it is a little higher than what your indicated price range is. Hope that helps.

Don

donwon said:
Hi There. 7998 is the only current alpine unit with amber color option. Others have combination of red/blue/green. The amber color is only for the buttons which are green by default, and the bio-lite display remains a white color. Unfortunately it is a little higher than what your indicated price range is. Hope that helps.

Don

-Ah, thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood the specs and thought you could choose from red/blue/green.
-Sorry Rick.
Z

thanks for the replies everyone..I will have to keep lookin..if not, then I will put the stock unit back. I hope it sounds good.

Z..I like the one u suggested except it doesn't have a built-in amp..I don't wanna spend more $$$$$. how is your speaker install going?

Rick

bagman,

As the kind and knowledgable people on this forum previously advised me, having no built in amp is the same as stock, as all of your speakers have a built in amp. So you can install a head unit without a built in amp and still power your speakers.

D'ecosse and K2 are very knowledgeable when it comes to sound systems.

Also i saw that 7998 for a little over 500, think it was around 550. I have that unit as well, and am very pleased with it.

check here

Back