• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Am I done with my NSX?

So far my 2005 silverstone has the following mods:

Engine:
Comptech Autorotor Supercharger
Uni-filter and downforce AIT
STMPO oil pan baffle

Suspension:
Type R front bar, factory rear bar
STMPO FCB
VRH front lift system
KW Competition (3 way adjustable race with remote reservoir currently selling for $10K Euro, not the V3)

Brakes:
Stoptech BBK, slotted

Exhaust:
GT-One F1 headers $3K
ARC titanium exhaust $6K

Other parts:
Downforce Gen II R hood
Downforce R spoiler
Downforce sport diffusor
Downforce CF rear garnish
Downforce (could be STMPO) front brake deflectors
Downforce DF-R hood duct
Cantrell lip

Stock 02+ wheels, Dunlop Star Spec Z1 tires

H&R front wheel spacers 15mm
STMPO Billet rear spacers 25mm

KIX LED taillamps
Smoked side markers (bluebat)

Type R shift knob, boot, and stalk
Autovation aluminum pedals modded by myself for proper heel and toe spacing
Custom wrapped stock streeing wheel with two tone silver/black perf leather
Custom silver perf door panel inserts to match silverstone seats

Cedar ridge harness bar, Schroth harnesses (black)

On the to do list are:
Custom STMPO RSTB or STMPO rollbar
Non-Compliance rear beam, toe links, front clamps
Upgrade streering wheel
1" race sway bars (dali or comptech)
"Aero"... either Type R under chassis parts or some sort of custom diffusor like CL65 captain has built.

Super light stereo upgrade (saves 20 pounds)

Some sort of gauge system. Now I have none. I don't want the tuner look. Has to be subtle.

This car is street driven and somewhat track ready. I am 200+ pounds lighter than stock. I will continue with my classes at skip barber (done 3 day race) and a few HPDE's here and there (have done 15 events) so I am upgrading the driver too.

After this, I am thinking I am kinda done. More power would be nice but I don't want to compromise the simplicity and reliability of the CTSC. Besides.... car is already a terror on the track. The limiting component is me.

Am I missing anything serious? if this was your car would you do something else? I might do something to spiff up the looks a little with some subtle graphics but what else?

Last edited:
Nice list of quality mods you have there. I would add DF NSX-R seats since you want to save some weight and track your car once in a awhile.

I forgot to add I also proudly have 7000 posts on prime. LOL

Am I missing anything serious? if this was your car would you do something else? I might do something to spiff up the looks a little with some subtle graphics but what else?

How about a 4.44 R&P (not sure the 4.55 will work on yours) and a better limited slip.

Just a thought.

Nice list of quality mods you have there. I would add DF NSX-R seats since you want to save some weight and track your car once in a awhile.

I knew this thread was a mistake... it's already costing me money. LOL...

Yeah I hear you on that, would love to have a set. Just so pricey. OK maybe that will be the last mod. Damn you! :biggrin:

Nope, you are not. I thought so too but my fellow reprobates here on Prime keep stoking the fire. I thought I was done too but recently added a Zanardi wheel and billet door handles (thanks Jon!) which will probably lead to gauge trim rings and maybe aluminum door garnishes.

Then maybe the stitching mod like the rest of the kids have...

And conrgats on your "milestone". :biggrin:

How about a 4.44 R&P (not sure the 4.55 will work on yours) and a better limited slip.

Just a thought.

I think that works a lot better on NA than an FI engine. I have plenty of torque. I short shift many times depending on the track even. I had to learn not to "over shift". I don't think that gears will give me a lot and they will take away from streetability.

I will when my clutch goes, go to a lighter flywheel. Probably SOS sport clutch since that saves another 20 pounds.

Last edited:
Nope, you are not.

Yes, I am. LOL...

I mean what else can I do? Anything further and I am reinventing the car. Do I want Ravi's F1 alcantara interior? yes but I think it is going overboard. Especially on an 05 car with 17K miles.

Did you really add the VRH front lift system?

What does it weigh? :rolleyes:

Non-Compliance rear beam, toe links, front clamps <---- do this ASAP. You really notice it on the track as the back end will feel more stable.

Last edited:
F'innn heyyyy....geez your mods cost more than my car!

So far my 2005 silverstone has the following mods:

Engine:
Comptech Autorotor Supercharger
Uni-filter and downforce AIT
STMPO oil pan baffle

Suspension:
Type R front bar, factory rear bar
STMPO FCB
VRH front lift system
KW Competition (3 way adjustable race with remote reservoir currently selling for $10K Euro, not the V3)

Brakes:
Stoptech BBK, slotted

Exhaust:
GT-One F1 headers $3K
ARC titanium exhaust $6K

Other parts:
Downforce Gen II R hood
Downforce R spoiler
Downforce sport diffusor
Downforce CF rear garnish
Downforce front brake deflectors
Downforce DF-R hood duct
Cantrell lip

Stock 02+ wheels, Dunlop Star Spec Z1 tires

H&R front wheel spacers 15mm
STMPO Billet rear spacers 25mm

KIX LED taillamps
Smoked side markers (bluebat)

Type R shift knob, boot, and stalk
Autovation aluminum pedals modded by myself for proper heel and toe spacing
Custom wrapped stock streeing wheel with two tone silver/black perf leather
Custom silver perf door panel inserts to match silverstone seats

Cedar ridge harness bar, Schroth harnesses (black)

On the to do list are:
Custom STMPO RSTB or STMPO rollbar
Non-Compliance rear beam, toe links, front clamps
Upgrade streering wheel
1" race sway bars (dali or comptech)
"Aero"... either Type R under chassis parts or some sort of custom diffusor like CL65 captain has built.

Super light stereo upgrade (saves 20 pounds)

Some sort of gauge system. Now I have none. I don't want the tuner look. Has to be subtle.

This car is street driven and somewhat track ready. I am 200+ pounds lighter than stock. I will continue with my classes at skip barber (done 3 day race) and a few HPDE's here and there (have done 15 events) so I am upgrading the driver too.

After this, I am thinking I am kinda done. More would be nice but I don't want to compromise the simplicity and reliability of the CTSC. Besides.... car is already a terror on the track. The limiting component is me.

Did you really add the VRH front lift system?

What does it weigh? :rolleyes:

Non-Compliance rear beam, toe links, front clamps <---- do this ASAP. You really notice it on the track as the back end will feel more stable.

You rolling your eyes at my weight savings again you fat pig?

Yes, I ordered from Ravi. Not installed yet. After I bent my fender because the lip scraped and pushed the bumper and the bumper pushed the fender I knew I would never survive being lowered. So I figured before putting them in, put them in with the VRH. I am getting the smallest tank, front only, weight should be well under 20 pounds. Maybe 15.

yes, my next "to do" are the non-compliants.

F'innn heyyyy....geez your mods cost more than my car!

Thanks for reminding me... its scope creep... what can I say... I'm a little ashamed of this...

Big bore throttle body for your SC. For the man that has everything else...

IDK, my research on this shows the gains are very suspect. Anything from none to 2 HP.

It's OK, except for fat pig Jim you are among similarly affected friends here. Hell, I just accessorized my NSX with... another Acura (Honda).

Another Acura? you definitely have too much now. Can I have your side scoops?

Your DF CF rear window garnish cost $500, while the throttle body is $280.

Just sayin'! :biggrin:

I know... but it's also sold on an exchange basis and I have to send in my unmolested 2005 one and who knows what I will get back some 1997 model with koodies on it. LOL... I'd do it if I thought there were real gains but... I get your point... hey the RWG was on sale for $350. LOL

I would agree with CL65Captain if I HAD to list more mods for you, but really I feel the need to be asking you; Do you feel like your car is lacking in some area or are you just laden with stacks of money and nowhere else to spend it (if so I can give you my paypal information :tongue:).

I think that mods should come out of finding a need or adjustment to help you get around the track faster all the while keeping your car's comfort level to a degree that you're comfortable with. In the beginning of your post you mentioned that the limiting factor with your car at the moment is you. Why not keep the car the way it is (minus the non compliance links, rear end, and clamps if you choose) and spend more money tires, brakes, and fuel.

Keep pushing your driving skills so that you can really utilize all of those really well chosen mods that you have installed on that beautiful car. Hit the track as often as you can, best investment you'll ever make IMHO.

Just my $0.02

Time for a stroker and widebody. :p

You know you've have an addiction my friend and you can't help yourself. You will never be done.

edit: don't forget dubz and a phat sound system yo

Last edited:
Time for a stroker and widebody.

Hey keep your fantasies to yourself... you on here again? You sold the NSX two years ago. You are like the dude that gets dumped by his girlfriend and continues being her orbiter.

How about a smoking hot passenger, with a killer body?

Check.

Last edited:
I think that mods should come out of finding a need or adjustment to help you get around the track faster all the while keeping your car's comfort level to a degree that you're comfortable with. In the beginning of your post you mentioned that the limiting factor with your car at the moment is you. Why not keep the car the way it is (minus the non compliance links, rear end, and clamps if you choose) and spend more money tires, brakes, and fuel.

Keep pushing your driving skills so that you can really utilize all of those really well chosen mods that you have installed on that beautiful car. Hit the track as often as you can, best investment you'll ever make IMHO.

Just my $0.02

Well yeah if you just want to track you car and be faster, you are right. My goal isn't that anymore. Going to the track is a hobby. I am cutting back on tracking the NSX because it is just not smart. No insurance, lots of risk. I prefer to pay more and learn in someone else's car. Like skip barber's. Or some dedicated track car. Then once in a while, take the NSX on there just to feel what she can do for the pure joy of it. I really changed my mind once I realized tracking the NSX is just too much. I have already gone way overboard with things like the suspension and brakes. I just couldn't pass up the deals that came up.

Overall I am just very very happy to own this car. Everytime I drive it, everytime I am in it, I am just so happy. I don't know what other car would give this to me. Like I said, the non-compliance stuff and I think I am done. Just will continue learning better driving technique and enjoying the car on weekends and the special occasions on the track.

Get a used Spec Miata and drive it like you stole it. :biggrin: It's really a lot of fun, even more so than tracking my NSX IMO. If you have a tow vehicle, you can find used ones with trailers < $10k. Hell, your KW 3way would just about cover it. :wink:

Wheels (for the streets) and type r seats. Done and done.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Back