• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Amplifier install question

Can anyone tell me how to hook up my amp please? I have component speakers in the doors and one subwoofer..all aftermarket. Thanks in advance!

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

You didn't mention what kind of radio you had so the input situation I can't comment too much on. Do you have a switch on the amp that combines the inputs?

On the outputs, you should wire mono the the subwoofer on section C&D. Take + from C, and - from D.

On the front channels A&B just wire directly to your component speakers in the front + to + and - to -. Channel A would be for your left front, channel B right front. Make sure you wire the inputs this way from the head unit as well.

I would start with the gains all the way in the 2v position (at their minimum), then crank it up until you can hear a hiss then crank it down just enough for the hiss to go away.

Last edited:
I have a OEM head unit. There are no other switches or controls other than what is pictured. I had it set up that way as you suggested too, but the door speakers sound mono, not stereo. Also, starting from the middle notch on the balance knob all the speakers come on. When I turn it all the way to the right, the door speakers turn off, but sub stays on. I turn it all the way to the left, the sub turns off, but doors speakers stay on.

I'm not sure what you mean when you said, "Make sure you wire the inputs this way from the head unit as well." I think you're referring to the red and white rca plugs coming from the radio right? I have only one plug in each color, but the amp has four inputs. I have 2 "Y" splitters for each RCA plug. I plugged one color into A+B and the other into C+D.
IMG_2151.JPG

BTW your M3 was the first car I noticed when I came out at the Sharks VIP that one night...I thought to myself...DAMNN SLAMMED!..hehe..someone must be doing veryyy well...:wink:

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a OEM head unit. There are no other switches or controls other than what is pictured. I had it set up that way as you suggested too, but the door speakers sound mono, not stereo. Also, starting from the middle notch on the balance knob all the speakers come on. When I turn it all the way to the right, the door speakers turn off, but sub stays on. I turn it all the way to the left, the sub turns off, but doors speakers stay on.

I'm not sure what you mean when you said, "Make sure you wire the inputs this way from the head unit as well." I think you're referring to the red and white rca plugs coming from the radio right? I have only one plug in each color, but the amp has four inputs. I have 2 "Y" splitters for each RCA plug. I plugged one color into A+B and the other into C+D.

Your inputs are wrong. You see how you have the left split to a&b? Your A&B outputs are going to the left and right speaker so you are splitting the left signal. I think that's your problem altogether. :) Split it the other way. Split the left to A&C and the right to B&D.

BTW your M3 was the first car I noticed when I came out at the Sharks VIP that one night...I thought to myself...DAMNN SLAMMED!..hehe..someone must be doing veryyy well...:wink:

Thanks.

Haha it is riding a bit low. It's the car that is doing very well. :) PM me if you need more help, I'll be in the OC this weekend till monday.

Back