• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another NSX Bites the Dust

Got a call from Ray ('96 Red/Onyx) this afternoon saying his car was forced to hit a wall ( sideways) while driving down in San Diego. Fortunately, he got away with only a few cuts from broken glass. Apparently, a flatbed truck was changing lanes and did not see him. He was most upset with the fact that he found what he considered a perfect daily driver and didn't have long to enjoy it. He asked me to pass on the news that he is doing ok. He should be back in Vegas by midweek. Let's not forgot how small a footprint we are on the highway radar screen.....

So sorry to hear, but glad he is OK.

All the best.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the accident. Ray, we'll see you back in action soon enough. Take care!

Danny

Well, I'm glad he is OK.

Where in San Diego did this happen? What day?

June 6th, 3:05pm, southbound at the 5/ 805 split. Truck hit driver's side rear quarter panel, causing momentary spin counterclockwise, then clockwise, with the driver's side bumper taking the brunt of the hit against the cement divider. He is still doing fine this am and grateful for all you well-wishers. P.S. If you know of a clean 95+ NSX, preferably in auto, Ray is interested in getting right back into one:smile:

Sorry to hear about this. :frown: Also glad to hear the driver is unharmed. That could have been alot worse!

I like trucks that have the window at the bottom of the door so they can look down and check for low profile vehicles.

Glad he is ok! I am sure he will be back in one in no time.

Wow, that sucks. Our cars are pretty low to the ground so I always get nervous around big trucks nearby. He is lucky that wasn't the old red one he had. That would have sucked much, much worse.

Glad Ray is doing well. Makes me a bit worried about driving my NSX to Cali this weekend.

Joe, try this! Actually, I think your car color helps to make you more visible. Be safe and have fun!

Attachments

• car-flag-2482.jpg
    car-flag-2482.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 60
This is why you rip out the cats and install headers, test pipes, and lightweight exhaust. Everybody within two miles of you on the interstate will know you are coming.

I live out in the country and love to drive the twisty roads. I got the exhaust as loud as possible. Never saw a single deer or rabbit as they would tuck tail and run when my car was a mile away. :wink:

I ordered some hiflo cats two weeks ago. I am just waiting for them to show up and install them. they are 200 cell versions so they should flow nicely. I might buy some race seats as someone is unloading some cheaply out here, really cheap.

I ordered some hiflo cats two weeks ago. I am just waiting for them to show up and install them. they are 200 cell versions so they should flow nicely. I might buy some race seats as someone is unloading some cheaply out here, really cheap.

What will you do w/ the black and tan?

I will only do one seat right now but I got a cheap seat that I will redo the colors and material and match the current seats with black outside and tan insides, if it fits. I am not sold on how well it will fit either. I got the windows tinted this week and it looks good.

Got a call from Ray ('96 Red/Onyx) this afternoon saying his car was forced to hit a wall ( sideways) while driving down in San Diego. ....

Hi codeblue. I was at the Tesla showroom in Newport Beach yesterday, and I took one for a test drive. The sales people told me that I had just missed another NSX owner. They said the guy had recently crashed his NSX and was looking for new one, and that he was from Vegas. I wonder if this is Ray? I just came to the Vegas forum to see if I could find out who the owner was. Oh, and ask if he drove a Tesla too, and how he liked it.

DSC_0026100717PK_Tesla.jpg

^You can see my hottie in the background. :biggrin:

Hi codeblue. I was at the Tesla showroom in Newport Beach yesterday, and I took one for a test drive. The sales people told me that I had just missed another NSX owner. They said the guy had recently crashed his NSX and was looking for new one, and that he was from Vegas. I wonder if this is Ray? I just came to the Vegas forum to see if I could find out who the owner was. Oh, and ask if he drove a Tesla too, and how he liked it.

DSC_0026100717PK_Tesla.jpg

^You can see my hottie in the background. :biggrin:

Does sound like it was Ray. I know he was in SoCal over the weekend and said the C&C event had lots of awesome cars. He'll probably be back on Tues. so I'll give him a buzz. Take care!

Does sound like it was Ray. I know he was in SoCal over the weekend and said the C&C event had lots of awesome cars. He'll probably be back on Tues. so I'll give him a buzz. Take care!

I went to Tesla, after Cars and Coffee in Irvine, (and breakfast at Pacific Whey, where the old C & C was) too. :smile:

Back