• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another VeilSide NSX sighted!

Downside to the newer pictures is the rear bumper design. I like how in the ugly colored yellowish car, the lowest vent on the bumper was painted black -- that looks really good. I am not a fan of all the vents, I think there are some unecessary ones that can be deleted.. but hey, maybe they serve some function.

So, wheels can go, rear bumper needs a tad of work. But the biggest killer is that I am sure its all made of fiberglas, and thats just a big NO for me.

Urethane ALL the way.

could be one of the hottest nsx's ive ever seen if not the hottest! The rear is f'ing sick :eek:

The front is nice...but the back is, well,...has anyone ever seen that movie Short Circuit? I just picture that robot Johnny 5 or someone crunching some mini-blinds together.

Mustanghell said:
The front is nice...but the back is, well,...has anyone ever seen that movie Short Circuit? I just picture that robot Johnny 5 or someone crunching some mini-blinds together.

I knew it looked familiar! You are totally right! Its Johnny 5!!!!

Overall, I like the kit, but that rear-end is freaking ugly as HELL.

Good thing I got to see some "non-professional" pictures of that kit. I loved it in the official pictures, but man, that kit has some serious flaws.

The picture of the brt. red one on the left really accentuates the flaws. The sides of the car with the kit are now flat as a pancake.

The rear fenders are just a huge chunky mess.

The headlights are totally contrived.

Verdict: Total Kit Car. It looks like a Saleen S7 kit car. I would never never never do that to my NSX.

BTW: If you want a Saleen, I suggest you put up the cash for one. You'll have my respect if you do. Those are wonderful cars desipite the restrictions placed upon them so that GM and Ford (a.k.a. Aston Martin) can win ALMS/FIA GT races.

As a side note: I'd rather see a race of non-restricted Enzo's/CGT's/Ford GT's/Saleen S7's/Pagani Zonda F's than the BS that FIA and LeMans call GT racing. Or, if anything, at least let "the worlds greatest GT race cars" have as much power as whatever the world's greatest actual road cars have.

The more you study this car, the more you realize that the lines just do not flow well. Is it flat and angular? Is it rounded and bulging? No, it is some sort of mix that doesn't blend well at all. Veilside had a chance to do something really amazing with this car. They could have made it large and powerful or slim and sleek. Instead they mish-mashed a kit together that does nothing more than alienate NSX owners, the only ones who would be buying the kit. The HIN scene will love this car, and I must admit it will be cool to see one in person. But over all it misses out on what should be or what could have been.

Face it, when you look at it, even if you like it, something just doesn't look right. The lines, the curves, the scoops and vents, the mirrors, the tail lights. None of it adds up to a well thought out car design.

I really dislike the rear. Too bad Veilside won't sell it piece by piece. The rear just looks horrid to me. That was what changed my mind. I still have the stock bodykit.. but i will switch soon, hopefully.

I must say that I'm more impressed by the close up photos. Good fitment; his body guy must be a real pro. Noticed that he covered up the NSX logo here->
attachment.php

Juice said:
I must say that I'm more impressed by the close up photos. Good fitment; his body guy must be a real pro.
The owner did all the work himself, including the paintjob.
Good fitment = thats VeilSide for ya. Top of the line quailty.

Juice said:
The more you study this car, the more you realize that the lines just do not flow well. Is it flat and angular? Is it rounded and bulging? No, it is some sort of mix that doesn't blend well at all. Veilside had a chance to do something really amazing with this car. They could have made it large and powerful or slim and sleek. Instead they mish-mashed a kit together that does nothing more than alienate NSX owners, the only ones who would be buying the kit. The HIN scene will love this car, and I must admit it will be cool to see one in person. But over all it misses out on what should be or what could have been.

Face it, when you look at it, even if you like it, something just doesn't look right. The lines, the curves, the scoops and vents, the mirrors, the tail lights. None of it adds up to a well thought out car design.

The lines flow fine. Appearance is not the issue here, preference is. Now, while I personally dont care for body kits.. and I dont believe in fiberglas, I *do* respect Veilside for the work that they've done. Find me ONE other company that transforms the NSX into something as radical AND sleek as the above design. There ARE no other companies, because this is indeed a very unique, rare, and insane kit.

Again, THIS would only appeal to people who care for kits. Personally, I feel kits typically involve bastardizing a car.. so this is why I would never do something like that. I believe that the subtle modifications are more worth-while than the radical ones. Besides, radical designs typically get out-dated quicker.

Note, I saw the newly released NSX kit at TAS the year before last and it is indeed a hot conversion.. in terms of looks and fitment, it just appears to be some very nice quality. I wish I could say the same for most of the junk being sold. Funny though, back in the day Veilside was kinda iffy in terms of appearance. They are kinda hit or miss. I just think they did a very nice job with this one, especially with the lights.

gheba_nsx said:
The first photo does not show up, can you please repost it? Thanks! :)
Done, and here is another one:

Attachments

• NSX-Maisty-Project-022.jpg
    NSX-Maisty-Project-022.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,762
Thanks!

The car looks super exotic of course and in red it is better than in yellow. :)

What makes it wrong IMO? The non functional looking wing (it would look WAY better with an integrated spoiler à la NSX) and it really would look awesome with a higher tail. The lines a re a bit low and it "sits", you can clearly see it here:

NSX-R.jpg

10cm higher and it would look awesome! :eek:

legendr35 said:
i like it, besides the wheels
mackash said:
Can someone delete the wing so we can see what that would look like.

VeilSide_NSX2.jpg

VeilSide_NSX3.jpg

A lot of booty and nothing on top... of course some people like it that way :biggrin: Much better without the wing. Thanks to NSXnBRLA for the wheels rental :wink:

While we're at it, can someone black out the tail lights? I always thought this kit would look great if they had used a smoked Lexan piece and had the talights hidden behind the Lexan so only the light could be seen while the car was running. It should really clean up the back of this car.

mackash said:
I like it! :cool: Really like the mirrors are they Veilside too?
Yes it is. Here is a close up on the mirrors.
Regards from the lucky owner and builder.

Attachments

• NSX Maisty Project 023 copy.jpg
    NSX Maisty Project 023 copy.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,800
  • Close up Mirror.jpg
    Close up Mirror.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,763
Juice said:
I must say that I'm more impressed by the close up photos. Good fitment; his body guy must be a real pro. Noticed that he covered up the NSX logo here->
attachment.php
Your a man noticing details. Usually I want to preserv the NSX and only repainting the black background on the label. But the letters was unfortunally in bad shape on this car. Be noted that the owner (myself) is also the person who has
put the car together. Everything from velding to the paint job. The whole project tock 409 hours. See some more close up pics.

Attachments

• Front side close up.jpg
    Front side close up.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,952
  • Front view.jpg
    Front view.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,131
  • Left side rear.jpg
    Left side rear.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,810
  • left tail light.jpg
    left tail light.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,781
  • Tail from side.jpg
    Tail from side.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,984
I just can't get over how much beter this car looks close up and seeing the details. Man, you did a great job on the finish. And I like the mirrors much more now that I've seen the lines and details put into them.

Where are the screws that suposedly hold in place the lexan cover for the lights? Yours seems to be a better looking install than I have usually seen. And by the way, velcome to Prime! :biggrin:

Juice said:

I do not agree. Its a well mix of as they say female and male lines. Some of the worlds biggest designers use this fact (For example Audi)
If your was able to studie the car live you would realise that the lines is very well blended and beautiful. Look at the pict of the trunk below and note the lines of a womens both legg ends ;)

Attachments

• NSX Maisty Project 026 copy.jpg
    NSX Maisty Project 026 copy.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,769
Juice said:
I just can't get over how much beter this car looks close up and seeing the details. Man, you did a great job on the finish. And I like the mirrors much more now that I've seen the lines and details put into them.

Where are the screws that suposedly hold in place the lexan cover for the lights? Yours seems to be a better looking install than I have usually seen. And by the way, velcome to Prime! :biggrin:

Hey mr Juice
The screws and fitting of the lexan covers was one of the details that the guys at veilside had forget. I did cut out addhesive black paper usually used for covers for kitchendoors etc and put it over the screws after mounting the lights. See a close up attached.
By the way. I have learn ALOT about NSX thru prime. Without Prime I probebly would still been a novice on NSX. Thanks all on PRIME.

Attachments

• left front light.jpg
    left front light.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,775
  • left front wheel.jpg
    left front wheel.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,754
NSXnBRLA said:
My opinion is that the NSX under all that fiberglass, is now comparable to an 86 fiero.
I do not know what kind of car you got under your fiberglas styling details. My car is anyway still an NSX, but with a new suit. I would never compare the inside with a Fiero. I would never think that anyone else could do that either. Especially not an NSX owner.

Back