• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anti freeze leak

I am not mechanical, so if this is a simple question, well, as I said I am not mechanical.

Started my '93 NSX after about 45 days of sitting in the garage and had quite a bit of anti freeze leak out onto the garage floor. My question is where do I start looking? What are the parts it could be leaking from.

As always thanks for the input from the more mechancal types.

where was the leak under. the front (under the hood), middle or under the engine. That will narrow it down a bit. there are like 22 hoses that can go bad.

Last edited:
Try to locate the "general area" where it came from by looking at where it maybe first dripped and then take under consideration if your garage floor is angled for some odd reason.

After you searched look first at the easy spots like from the top of your car looking down. Don't wipe anything on your engine bay/front bay area and maybe you'll get lucky and see a split hose somewhere. If you start wiping things up it'll be harder to trace.

Also if you filled your coolant up past the over fill line and started her up for the first time since and let run up to temp then it may have come out the over flow hose.

Also note sometimes hoses split on the underside of the clamps and can be annoying to figure out and see. I had a leak once and it was caused by a split radiator.

The leak is coming from the middle of the car and appears to be the overflow resevoir, I am going to replace it and see if that solves my problem. Keep your fingers crossed and thanks for the input.

Back