• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anti-lock break light on

I have a 1993 NSX and I know very little about cars (I know sad but true). If the Yellow light is now on, what is the best way to have it looked at without getting charged an arm and a leg? Dealership? Firestone, Goodyear, etc... or just try and reset the light myself?

Please tell me that you're joking about letting a Goodyear or Firestone tire store work on your NSX. Those places don't even get a shot at my lawnmower. Find a reputable local independent local Acura technician or take it to the dealer. If you can tell us where you're located, perhaps one of the Primers on here can recommend a technician. Good luck---

Last edited:
Just trying to avoid unnecessary $$$'s flying out of my pocket. Had the same problem 15 years ago with my Vette. Dealership says - $800+. Second opinion - $10 sensor from a junkyard.

For a car like a Corvette, yeah....

For an NSX, I'd suggest either the dealer, or search in the regionals to see if there are any recommended guys in your area. I know in San Antonio there are two guys at Arrowwood service (or whatever they became) who are like the cartalk guys and they are GREAT with the NSX, do AMAZING work, and don't charge crazy prices!

If that fails, ask around in your area for a reputable guy... I wouldn't want any dummy with a wrench (like me) who works at firestone to play with my car...

I have a 1993 NSX and I know very little about cars (I know sad but true). If the Yellow light is now on, what is the best way to have it looked at without getting charged an arm and a leg? Dealership? Firestone, Goodyear, etc... or just try and reset the light myself?

It sounds like you are due for a ABS flush and bleed.

Where do you live? I'm coming to PA in April for 6 weeks. I could bring my ABS tools.

Don't let anyone other than a ACURA dealership or a Prime member who knows the ABS system work on your car. The guys at the Firestone/Goodyear won't have a clue. If they are a reputable shop they will turn you away because they know their limitations. If they say they will work on it, RUN AWAY FAST!!!!

Brad

Back