• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Americans moved to Europe?

This may not be the appropriate place to post this, but I am hoping this will get noticed with regards to my post buried in another topic. I am an American considering a move to Europe and am beginning to explore the channels by which I migh get myself, my stuff and my car legally into Italy. Does anyone have any insight? Please PM me if you do, I would really appreciate the help.

Mark

I recently moved to Norway. Actually, November the 15th, 2002. I can tell you a lot about what to do and what not to do. Call me on one of the numbers below, or e-mail me. See ya!

------------------
John C. Hanks
RBI Senior Engineer/Project Manager/Consultant
Det Norske Veritas AS/CNCNO744 Stavanger
Stavanger Office Phone: (+47) 51 50 60 42
Stavanger Fax (+47) 51 50 60 70
Stavanger Mobile: (+47) 91 58 03 35

"EXCELLENCE is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more than others think is safe; dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others believe is possible!"

Hi Mark.I lived in Germany before, and even was dealing with cars from US(converted them). Private me if U have any quastions.I belive that tech. requirments in all Euro-union countries are the same.
best regards,
Michael.
Originally posted by Markbert:
This may not be the appropriate place to post this, but I am hoping this will get noticed with regards to my post buried in another topic. I am an American considering a move to Europe and am beginning to explore the channels by which I migh get myself, my stuff and my car legally into Italy. Does anyone have any insight? Please PM me if you do, I would really appreciate the help.

Mark

Even I'm not american, I lived in USA some yrs as a resident (VISA). On the meanwhile I bought an Acura NSX and a couple of yrs ago after being back in Italy, with some minor changes it received the new license plates. If you need some suggestions on the path, let me know.
bye
vin

Back