• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Atom Owners in DFW?

My father is considering one as a 60th birthday present to himself and wanted to get a close-up look at it and possibly go for a ride. Would appreciate anyone willing and able!

Brian

Last year, they offered the Atom Experience for about $500 at the track in Cresson (http://www.arielatomexperience.com/Silver.aspx). The best way to test drive it if they are still offering it.

I got a ride in one at The Driveway Austin. It is fast. I have never experienced that kind of acceleration on 2 nor 4 wheels. It does require experience to drive fast. No prior HPD experience can get you killed. I also would not drive it on the street. They are offering a windshield as an option now.

Did I mention it is fast??

the car is VERY fast...

but i was a little disappointed with the build quality, design, and finish of the whole vehicle. I got a close up look at one (for around an hour with no one else around) and in terms of design, there seem to have been many compromises made in terms of design (suspension components mainly - rod ends in single shear for example) but for the price of the vehicle, i am not overly surprised. For a production vehicle with the performance of an atom, it is executed very well.

i do overly criticize designs that are not ideal as i have some (but limited) experience designing vehicle systems in a one-off nature. the design is good enough for what the vehicle is made for and for the pricepoint it is being offered for, but sacrificing design for cost savings is a move i would not have taken...

and in summary, tell him to go for it. it will for sure excite.

There is a fellow who keeps one out at Motorsports ranch.
I'd call out there they may be able to tell you when that owner is out there. He is quite active and I've seen the car several times.

Back