• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any good repair shops in Hong Kong?

My brother in law has an NSX in Hong Kong and is having steering/suspension problems that are difficult to diagnose. Can anybody recommend a good NSX mechanic in HK? Any source of fairly priced parts? Thanks for your help!

Andy

first, try DCH, the official dealer. they have special rate for older vehicles.the best location is at Kowloon Bay.
then try HK Motoring, also in Kwun Tong. If it is strict mechancial, it will be fine.
anything concerning electrical, may give the dealer first shot as they have the books and the tools. good luck. we laos have a NSX club here with about 20 owners.

My work place has an opening in our HK office and I have been given the option to work and live there for 1.5 years.

Now this is a great time for me to own a NSX in HK for a year and bring it back to Australia as a personal import.

Where is the best place to inspect second hand NSXs in Hong Kong?

Also what is the cost of parking in HK? Our new office is in Wan Chai (no free parking) and the place of residence will be around Fortess Hill (no free parking).

I checked with DCH of KB but they told me that they don't wan to handle 'mod'ded NSX or any car for that matter. Actually, I only changed the wheels to 18/19 and they said they dont advise taking my job. They asked me to look elsewhere in HK for shops which handle modded cars.

Do you know any trustworthy mechanic workshops around HK ? I just need to do:

- High Spin Wheel Balancing (my tires out of balance)
- Re-alignment testing
- Repair a Steering Column which has 4 loose bolts inside
- suspension which is loose and is producing noise when car bounces on road

Any help is appreciated,

Thanx :redface:

try Cheun Kau in Happy Valley for your tires. 65 Sing Woo rd.
try HK Motoring in Kwun Tong for the mechanical items.
DCH would normally service all NSXs. did you talk to the service advisor called Ip Kin Sing at Kowloon bay, tell him you are member of the NSX club referred by Wilson Sham. It should help.
Good luck

hey Thanks for the info , i wil try them today. BTW, do you think the 2 suppliers wil charge a big sum ? i got ripped off before for some other service in TKW and also FoTan. it just made me more wary of the local mechanics.

pacacu said:
DCH would normally service all NSXs. did you talk to the service advisor called Ip Kin Sing at Kowloon bay, tell him you are member of the NSX club referred by Wilson Sham. It should help.
Good luck

Although I couldnt get hold of DCH support, all my problems are thing of the past now, thanks to a mech shop i was referred to by Henry. Thanx neverthless for your help. It does feel like a new car now. :)

pacacu said:
Good luck

Back