• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any info on this NSX at Burlington Acura?

Thanks for the offer Bram, I'm close by in Mississauga, I might check it out this weekend. I'm scared though, I really shouldn't because I need to move out...

Thanks for the offer Bram, I'm close by in Mississauga, I might check it out this weekend. I'm scared though, I really shouldn't because I need to move out...

hmm buy a house or buy an nsx that is the question lol :biggrin:

on a side note that car has been posted for sale for at least a few months am i right? why isnt it selling ..seems like a pretty good price with decent mileage would love to hear the condition of that white nsx looks great in the pictures

Last edited:
I just came back from the dealership. It sold yesterday...

It was an older lady that traded it in and is a Canadian car too... mint condition I didn't even see a rock chip on the car!

Anyways congrats to the new owner!

(BTW it went for full asking price)

I just came back from the dealership. It sold yesterday...

It was an older lady that traded it in and is a Canadian car too... mint condition I didn't even see a rock chip on the car!

Anyways congrats to the new owner!

(BTW it went for full asking price)

wow definitely looked great in the pictures im surprised it took that long to sell it was listed in the trader or quite a while i think

NSXs are funny. They can take a while to sell, but when an educated buyer shows up and sees a good one - bam - it's sold. Good buy at that price for a 1 owner, sub 70k car. I hope we see it around.

That car was originally for sale by the owner, an older couple in Burlington. I lived close to them (near lakeshore) and frequently saw it down town.

Car went to Acura on Brant, I have a few buddies that work there too. Car was mint sans the gouge.

Nice example that's for sure. :smile:

Sorry! You can trust however that it is in very good hands. It will not be raped.
To show you how much of an enthusiast I am; here's a photo of my ITR next to my friend's NSX. I had the owner of this NSX ready to sell at $18k a year ago, but walked away from it because it wasn't exactly what I wanted.
My friend bought the car instead. :)

w2m48w.jpg

So talk to me about your NSX meetups. I recall a couple of years ago that I was going to visit you guys but it just didn't end up happening.

Hey

congrats on picking that nsx up i can totally see how much of an enthusiast you are lol going from a type r into an nsx ...hope to be in your position some day soon

wow
thats a good price for a mint nsx!!
and my car is the same year and similar milage to this! but mine is heavily modded!! so this give me an idea how much i should ask for my car!

Hold on a sec. I don't want to confuse anyone. I paid $35k plus tax for mine. ($40123.11) This is the one that was at Acura on Brant.

My buddy paid 18 or 19k for his which is the one in the photograph with my R after I walked away from it last year. It was pretty rough at the time but he's fixed it up fairly nicely on the budget he had to work with. He listed it earlier this year at what I felt was a far too high price but then re-listed at $31k and had a couple of bites I think, but now I guess he's keeping it :)
I can't really blame him for falling in love with it. I felt some pretty huge regrets after not buying it myself at $18k since that was really a steal.

Hey

but the question here is even if your buddy bought it for 18k how much more was needed to get it semi decent or up to your standards? sounds like a great deal for 18k but i guess it must of been high mileage and like you said needed alot of work...

Hold on a sec. I don't want to confuse anyone. I paid $35k plus tax for mine. ($40123.11) This is the one that was at Acura on Brant.

My buddy paid 18 or 19k for his which is the one in the photograph with my R after I walked away from it last year. It was pretty rough at the time but he's fixed it up fairly nicely on the budget he had to work with. He listed it earlier this year at what I felt was a far too high price but then re-listed at $31k and had a couple of bites I think, but now I guess he's keeping it :)
I can't really blame him for falling in love with it. I felt some pretty huge regrets after not buying it myself at $18k since that was really a steal.

8400RPM, I've seen your car around either in Toronto or Niagara Falls, I can't remember. I'm just like you, I went from a 98 Type R to my NSX. I couldn't keep my R though, cause it was stolen from my condo parking spot!! You will have different "worries" now with your NSX. When I had my R, I was paranoid of people stealing it when I shopped or ate at a restaurant. Now with the X, I'm paranoid of "haters" keying it, as its been spat on before and also had its side mirrors cocked inwards. The worries never end. If your in Toronto, we can hook up for a ride sometime, let me know.

Hey

but the question here is even if your buddy bought it for 18k how much more was needed to get it semi decent or up to your standards? sounds like a great deal for 18k but i guess it must of been high mileage and like you said needed alot of work...

Actually, that's the thing. It really didn't need a lot of work. Most of the problems were purely cosmetic. It needed a few paint touch ups here and there, some wet sanding, etc. The mileage was the deal killer for me since I had my heart set on getting something very low mileage and I'm PICKY to the point of OCD. I know the Wings West kits are popular and I think they're alright but I saw that as a bit of a drawback as well. His car has at least $10k in mods that if this is what a buyer is looking for would add some great value.

8400RPM, I've seen your car around either in Toronto or Niagara Falls, I can't remember. I'm just like you, I went from a 98 Type R to my NSX. I couldn't keep my R though, cause it was stolen from my condo parking spot!! You will have different "worries" now with your NSX. When I had my R, I was paranoid of people stealing it when I shopped or ate at a restaurant. Now with the X, I'm paranoid of "haters" keying it, as its been spat on before and also had its side mirrors cocked inwards. The worries never end. If your in Toronto, we can hook up for a ride sometime, let me know.

There are a few ITR's in the Niagara area. One of them belongs to Mike Rowe and it's supercharged. His is a CW 1998 also. You would know my car by the plate since that's hard to miss. I used to have a Phoenix Yellow ITR that wore the same plate. Unfortunately the PY car vanished in a series of unfortunate events although it was not stolen to my knowledge. I check the MTO about once a year and Carfax etc in hopes that it may at some point resurface. I'm in the Niagara region and very seldom go to Toronto but maybe now that I'll be joining the club here it will give me an excuse to go :) Thanks for the invite!

Jealousy sucks. Do you really find there are that many haters? Many of my friends / acquaintances are not into imports and they drive Mustangs etc and they all LOVE my ITR. I live in a small town though so maybe that's the difference. I know we'll never escape the theoretical discussions about what's better but that's just part of being a "car guy" and part of the fun. Do you find that it actually escalates to hatred? Maybe the molestation is just random. Surviving with an ITR you learn to develop all sorts of instincts about what to do and not to do. I have multiple layers of security going on here and driving habits that include making a bunch of rights to shake off anyone tailing me before I go home. The main thing is not parking somewhere where you can't keep an eye on it. Thanks for your insight though and if you have any advice on how to politely diffuse a hater let me know. I'd like to hear about encounters like that too since it makes for good conversation.

Last edited:
I'm leaving to go pick up the NSX in just a few minutes. I'm NERVOUS!!
Has anyone else experienced the jitters when you bought yours?

Awesome must be a really exciting moment I'm sure the nervousness would soon disappear once you open her up and there will be a huge grin on your face :biggrin:

Enjoy the moment and post up some pics soon lol

Back