• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Any Ivory Interiors Made for 97 ?

I am a prospective buyer looking to buy a 1997 N.S.X, but,the Ivory leather interior is a must for me!!
My old 1991 Integra Special was white with the white leather from the factory,it was awesome,and i miss it.
So,does anyone know this info,and if not in 1997,when was the last year the Ivory leather was offered?
Thanks for your help.

I am a prospective buyer looking to buy a 1997 N.S.X, but,the Ivory leather interior is a must for me!!
My old 1991 Integra Special was white with the white leather from the factory,it was awesome,and i miss it.
So,does anyone know this info,and if not in 1997,when was the last year the Ivory leather was offered?
Thanks for your help.

Yes. There were a number built. Search for the production number by year chart. It shows the number built by year by exterior and interior color.

Last edited:
How and where do i go to do the research?
Thanks!

1. Click on "Wiki" at the top of this page.
2. Look at the bottom left side of the page and click on "special pages"
3 Click on "Stastics"
4. Click on "Production Numbers"

You'll see the production numbers by year and by interior and exterior colors

The 91-93 (NA1) cars had ivory interiors available. In 94 and later cars they switched to camel. It's more of a tan color but it's also very nice looking.

If you value having a passenger airbag, you can get a '93 and still get the ivory interior you want.

If the reason you're looking at a 97 (NA2) is because it has the 3.2 engine and a 6 speed......you may want to reconsider. I have both a NA1 and an NA2 and the differences are minimal. I actually prefer the NA1 in most situations assuming you have at least some mechanical ability for repairing the annoying things that pop up. If you don't....maybe a newer car is better.

Advantanges of NA1:
1) Gears better suited for city driving.....less shifting.
2) Chassis way stiffer (This is a coupe vs. targa thing but most NA2 are targas)
3) Way easier to mod (OBD1)
4) You don't have to get out and take the top off.

Advantages of NA2:
1) Electronic power steering (Only helps in parking lots really)
2) Brakes are noticeably better including ABS.
3) Lower RPM for highway cruising (@ 80 mph-NA2 is 3000 vs NA1 is 3350
4) Might be a little more reliable because of age.
5) You can take the top off (I rarely do this...kind of a pain.)

Lots of people think the NA2 is so much faster but I just don't think so. I think the gearing in the NA2 makes it feel faster. I have done side-by-side drags/roll-ons on countless occasions with no really definative results. Has more to do with the driver IMHO.
Keep in mind this is coming from someone who drives both cars on a daily basis.....not somebody who "rode in a NA1 once" or "used to own an NA2".

Good luck finding a car.

A new member here who just got a Blk/Ivory interior wants to trade it for a blk interior. Look up username "Honcho" and send him a PM. If both interiors are in equilivent condition I can see the two of you doing a swap.

In addition to the 1,075 NSXs with ivory interiors sold in the United States for 1991-1993, they also sold 9 cars (8 with six-speed, 1 with automatic) for 2002-2005 that had the white (not ivory, but white) interior, all with Grand Prix White exterior. You could luck out by looking for one of those. This also means that you can get the white interior parts from your dealer, if you have a later model year car.

Wow!!
One simple question and so much information replied by all of you,thank you all for taking the time to answer,i am looking forward to chating more as i keep searching for the dream car.
I am in no rush,i need to keep saving as much as possible,and also a chunk of my down payment is tied up in the asian stock market,so as soon as it rebounds to my goal number,and find the right car,i will go for it!
To the member who gave me the comparisons between the pre and post 97s,i will tell you that i want the 97 and my wife(co-pilot) is demanding the t-tops!!!
Thanks again!!

If the wife wants the T-Top.....get the T-top. Repeat after me......Keep the wife happy. My wife LOVES the NSX's and I do everything I can to keep it that way. Well timed jewelry gifts and Carribean cruises are handy when you want to get new wheels etc. etc.

Just saw this thread. Like DocL said, shoot me a PM if you get a black interior and want to swap with my ivory one.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who drives both cars on a daily basis.....not somebody who "rode in a NA1 once" or "used to own an NA2".

Good luck finding a car.
icon14.gif

icon14.gif

Thanks for your help.

Is not looking good for you. See production numbers:
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

Back