• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Meets or get together???

Let's get a plan together peeps!

Tim, it probably makes the most sense for everyone to just meet up at AMP, since everybody is probably coming from different directions. If people are close to each other they can arrange their own little caravans to the track.

I say we try and get to the track at 11:30-11:45. That way hopefully we're all there by the time they open and can be the first to go as a group.
I'm guessing we probably won't be racing for more than 2-2.5 hours, unless people feel like spending that much money, lol. Plus, depending on if people have to work on Monday (Veteran's Day observed), the drive and cook out could get late for people who have to get home at a decent hour. Then around 2:30-3:00 we can go driving through the mountains up to Blue Ridge, keeping safety in mind, considering everybody is going to have adrenaline and the need for speed pumping through their veins after racing, lol.
And once we get to Blue Ridge, to Liz's cabin to cook out and eat!

How's that sound people? Let's get some consensus from everybody and a head count.

Last edited:
I would be interested in hooking up after karting, as my surgery will prevent me from taking on the g's.;(
I would either go with y'all to Liz' or get directions to her place and meet you there. Liz, I'm happy to help with the prep since I can't kart, so let me know what your thoughts are.

Jason, I'm down with that, anyone else?... Liz, we will be waiting on your confirmation. I'll bring whatever is needed or we can stop at the local store to get something for the grill on our way.

Alex, anything being left out?

Anything going on? Chilling here in Atlanta for a few days.

Welcome Mitch!

How long are you in town?

What part of town will you be staying in?

Did you bring your NSX :wink:

Lets see what I can put together. I am thinking Karts again :biggrin:

Welcome Mitch!

How long are you in town?

What part of town will you be staying in?

Did you bring your NSX :wink:

Lets see what I can put together. I am thinking Karts again :biggrin:

Suwanee at a friends house, and of course I drove the NSX. :)

I'll be at Andretti's this afternoon with the Kiddo (8 year old) too young to drive at AMP, but I can always be at AMP on Sunday after 2pm. :biggrin:

I'll be at Andretti's this afternoon with the Kiddo (8 year old) too young to drive at AMP, but I can always be at AMP on Sunday after 2pm. :biggrin:

Waiting on Mitch now :wink: give us the ok, you can see we are dying to get back onto the karting track at AMP

Whats the cost to go Go-Karting at AMP? I heard its pricey. When I was in Atlanta a few friends and I were going to go, but never got the planning done. Maybe next time I come back down south.

Sunday at 2:30pm Meet at the track (in front) area again?

Does that sound good? :smile:

PS it's going to be cold so the tires won't have much grip... PERFECT :eek: Just the way I like it.

Alex, we'll forgive you for driving the Bimmer this time LOL

Last edited:
Whats the cost to go Go-Karting at AMP? I heard its pricey. When I was in Atlanta a few friends and I were going to go, but never got the planning done. Maybe next time I come back down south.

$20/8 minute session

$90 for 5 sessions

Tim says 2:30 on Sunday. I wouldn't mind meeting up a little earlier than that or maybe the ones that would be going from the outer metro Atlanta area meet up for lunch and then drive up to AMP.

Mitch, did you get my PM? Are you down for tomorrow/today?

I came up to Atlanta and I'm ready for some karting (I brought my own helmet this time), so hopefully this is happening, lol.

Back