• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any members in NC?

NSXYZ-ZYXSN said:
Man, there are alot of NC folks! Barring crappy weather, I'll try to come up there this weekend and/or December.

I've been following the weather on WRAL all week. Saturday is still supposed to be very nice. 70 degrees. Too bad you can't make it, Noggz!

We still need to pick a place that is pretty convenient for everyone.

Tom - any suggestions? Maybe somewhere that we can get some lunch or something. That Char Grill idea you mentioned sounds good...I guess the only question is which one? There are a few of them in the area.

So far, it looks like it will be Tom, me, RLH, James (pixel), NSXYZ-ZYXSN.

Anyone else?

Last edited:
I'll try to make it as well. Is anyone going to have their wife or girlfriend with them? Because we are new to the area, the last time we did this she came along hoping to meet some new female friends. No luck.

She drove my car once for about 50 feet. When I first met her in the UK I had my other NSX which she thought was a Ford Focus. Not a lot of car interest there.

I don't think she'll want to discuss the pros and cons of tires and wheels, detailing tips, etc..

Doug

Dtrigg said:
I'll try to make it as well. Is anyone going to have their wife or girlfriend with them? Because we are new to the area, the last time we did this she came along hoping to meet some new female friends. No luck.

Just checked with my wife. She said sure, she'll come along. She likes cars just about as much as I do. :)

Char Grill off Atlantic is always good, as they host the cruise ins during the year. Plenty of parking, not much room for eating unless you sit around the car. Not a big "eater outer" so not super familiar with lots of places. Anyone else is welcome to make a suggestion.I'll see if my wife wants to come, but she thinks nothing is more boring that being around a bunch of car guys. With other women there, I might be able to get her to make it, if she doesn't have something already planned.

Wherever it is, lets plan for noon.

Tentative right now, unless someone else comes up with something, Chargrill off Atlantic Av, noon. Hang out for a while, eat as a group, around 12:30. Hamburgers and such.

Any of you guys know any close roads for spirited driving afterwards? :)

Disclaimer: Car has not been washed in over a month, so no snickering, pointing of fingers, and ignoring....I've been busy.... :)

tomc92bb000059 said:
Char Grill off Atlantic is always good, as they host the cruise ins during the year. Plenty of parking, not much room for eating unless you sit around the car.

Wherever it is, lets plan for noon.

Tentative right now, unless someone else comes up with something, Chargrill off Atlantic Av, noon. Hang out for a while, eat as a group, around 12:30. Hamburgers and such.

Yes, that sounds good. I've been there quite a few times at the shows.

Any of you guys know any close roads for spirited driving afterwards? :)

I don't, but I know that Rob (RLH) does. Warning though...he's a crazy mofo! LOL

Disclaimer: Car has not been washed in over a month, so no snickering, pointing of fingers, and ignoring....I've been busy.... :)

No big deal. Mine is (relatively) clean, so I'm just going to give it a quick wash/light detailing in the morning, and will be ready to go.

Speaking of spirited roads, we need to get you boys up to VIR and test those rides out...seperates the men from the boys!

Have fun Sat. , I'll be there in spirit!

Jason Weaver said:
Speaking of spirited roads, we need to get you boys up to VIR and test those rides out...seperates the men from the boys!

Have fun Sat. , I'll be there in spirit!

I'll tag along with The Saint in his ride. I wouldn't want to drop old car parts all over the track with one of mine. :biggrin:

RLH said:
I'll tag along with The Saint in his ride. I wouldn't want to drop old car parts all over the track with one of mine. :biggrin:

You don't want to ride with me, Rob.

If we do a track day, I'm taking the bike!
lol.gif

Last edited:
looking forward to the meet tomorrow. i'm new to the area as well, so may be a little late. not sure exactly where it is but i'll leave that up to the navi.

wife can't make it because she's watching the kids.
have to take them to the parade tomorrow morning, but barring any navigation issues, i should be there around 12-12:30

see you then!

james

Thank for the opportunity to meet some new people. That was good fun.

Jason. Sorry you missed the free parts giveaway.

Doug

Good to meet everyone that showed! Never made it to the twisties, as we were all too geographically challenged to know any good roads that were close. And I have no excuse, as have been in the Raleigh area for 5 years now.... :)

Might be a good excuse for a Fancy Gap run.....Do that in a day, as opposed to a Deal's gap weekend....

tomc92bb000059 said:
Very Nice!!
Especially since you can't tell that I got the dirtiest car award.....

What kind of exhaust do you have on your car?

Wish I could have been there. Me being a North Carolinian would have never known it was that many NSXs in the RTP area. Nice pics!!!

The "custom fartcans"??? :) It's a set of HP Racing cans, with custom tubes to the flexible part of the headers. Pretty sure cat delete, but honestly can't remember right now. On the car when I got it 3 years ago. Pretty loud, great when you are in the mood, a bit much first thing in the a.m....

I live in Raleigh (since 1975) and saw this thread late. Missed the get together at CharGrill which is about a mile from where I work! I was out driving my 67 XKE instead of my 91 black NSX. Let me know about the next meeting. Jeff Hutchinson

Attachments

• Jag Nsx front.JPG
    Jag Nsx front.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 232
Back