• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any new car you want! ANYTHING!

I have a LOT of respect for the GTR, but if you could have any car why on Earth would you choose a Skyline. It's cool and all, but in a couple years it'll no longer be the fastest car around and you'll just have another Skyline. Might as well get a Corvette ZR-1 or something.

Why? Let's see, cutting edge engineering with use of superior materials, solid reliability, factory support turbo technology, uniquely cool design, industry raising standards for the next generation of supercars... all without the unnecessary ridiculous sticker price of European supercars. BTW, what does the name Skyline has anything to do with selecting cutting edge cars. Unless one is brand conscious. Actually, I wouldn't mind having a Skyline GTR name. It's a legendary car for hard core auto enthusiasts.

I completely agree that the car is amazing, and for the price it's definately a bargain, but taking price out of the equation like this thread is meant to, there are better cars out there in my opinion. If I wanted just straight out speed I'd take a sportbike, a Radical SR3, the new Corvette ZR1, and possibly the Porsche 911 GT2. If I wanted looks there are so many cars that are better looking, I was really not impressed by the looks when I saw it in person, the new Audi R8 suits me way more.

I guess the thing is it just doesn't do anything for me, even for the price of $80,000 that it is here, it wouldn't be in my top 5 cars I would choose. I know for a fact it's not because I'm swayed by brand names, I bought a Honda NSX when for the same price I could have had a prestigious marque car.

As far as why I don't like Skylines, it's because here they have a stigma, I don't like the boy-racer feel that I get from it. When I say it's just going to be another Skyline in 10 years, a good measure of a car is how it will hold up with time, whether it will become a classic or another car on the road. In my opinion it'll be just another car on the road.

You have to understand that this is just my opinion though, neither of us are wrong, we just disagree.

WAIT! TURBO CHARGED WHEEL CHAIR, ALL CARBON FIBER, WITH A BORLA EXHAUST AND INJEN INTAKE AND 2 BEER (DRINK) HOLDERS. lol I rule. Ill smoke your ass in the shopping mall. Oh and my woman is 26

WAIT! TURBO CHARGED WHEEL CHAIR, ALL CARBON FIBER, WITH A BORLA EXHAUST AND INJEN INTAKE AND 2 BEER (DRINK) HOLDERS. lol I rule. Ill smoke your ass in the shopping mall. Oh and my woman is 26
Horacio Pagani has one of these, when he was sidelined with a foot injury a few years back. No Borla and Injen, but the rest is all there. Amazing what one can make up with a walk-in autoclave :cool:

What about a hopped up version of one of these : http://www.wheelsurf.nl/?gclid=CJnfibGX0ZICFRY3lgodzldsHA

residents of South Park CO might recognize it :)

Back