• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any new car you want! ANYTHING!

Transformation

2 votes for Fisker :confused:

don't they just take expensive cars... rebody them, add some leather then sell for double the orginal sticker?
Not any more. Their previous cars have been rebodied Mercedes-Benz and BMWs, but like Saleen and others, they've transitioned to developing their own cars. The Karma is not based on any existing platform. Not only is the platform unique, as far as I can tell its Q-Drive drivetrain is exclusive to Fisker (so far). Target price is $80K.

It's nice to see that true innovation still lives in the American auto industry. Although Fisker and Quantum Technologies are based in southern California, the rumor is Fisker is looking at Detriot for Karma's production location.

fiskerkarma9fq9.jpg

roof: while the M3 has carbon fiber, solar-cells are the Karma's equivalent :)
fiskerkarma8mi5.jpg

Last edited:
Do I have to pay for maintenance and insurance?

If it's totally free, including service, I'll take the K-egg CCX :rolleyes: .

If I have to pay for maintenance and insurance, then I'll pick ... well ... er ... an NSX :biggrin: .

Last edited:
Ford GT. An American car to be proud of.

Re: Transformation

Not any more. Their previous cars have been rebodied Mercedes-Benz and BMWs, but like Saleen and others, they've transitioned to developing their own cars. The Karma is not based on any existing platform. Not only is the platform unique, as far as I can tell its Q-Drive drivetrain is exclusive to Fisker (so far). Target price is $80K.

It's nice to see that true innovation still lives in the American auto industry. Although Fisker and Quantum Technologies are based in southern California, the rumor is Fisker is looking at Detriot for Karma's production location.

fiskerkarma9fq9.jpg

roof: while the M3 has carbon fiber, solar-cells are the Karma's equivalent :)
fiskerkarma8mi5.jpg

Don't forget 0-60 in under 6 sec, 100 mpg plugin, and can reach ranges of 50 miles on the battery alone and 620 miles with the engine on. The solar panel roof is SICK! I am so getting one!

This is a question I love to ask guys that I just met: If I were to give you a certificate that you could redeem for any new car. Anything at all, The sky is the limit, What would that car be for you?

Exclusions:
Must be current year
You can not sell it
With those conditions, I'll take an S65 please. There are a lot of other cars mentioned in this thread that I'd like to drive, but given the restrictions it would be silly for me to take a million dollar car that I couldn't afford to maintain or insure or even have a place to park.

Even if I had to pay for maintenance and everything I'd still take the Veyron, I'll just sell my house when I need an oil change.

Sadly I can't think of one that would meet criteria.:redface: Sure I would like a Zonda but I can't afford Insurance/Maintenance of it. The 599GTB is my back up choice but again - I don't want to deal with the headaches of having an exotic.

From the glass is 1/2 full standpoint: I am very happy with my collection of 6 cars(banghead) and 2 trailers(MAJOR banghead) right now.

997 GT3 RSR.

Amen.

I'd take a C6.R or a DB9R as a daily driver. Could you imagine a racing clutch and a sequential dogbox for everyday driving? My neighbors would lynch me.

ps- I did see the Top Gear episode where James May drives the DB9RS across Italy. That was hilarious.

everything i like is older than 2008, but i guess if i had to pick id prob go with the GT3RS White with Green Logos

I cannot believe this. Nobody wants the Nissan monster? I 'll take the GTR for my next Japanese Supercar. Godzilla still doesn't receive much respect, even from NSXPrime members.

I cannot believe this. Nobody wants the Nissan monster? I 'll take the GTR for my next Japanese Supercar. Godzilla still doesn't receive much respect, even from NSXPrime members.

I have a LOT of respect for the GTR, but if you could have any car why on Earth would you choose a Skyline. It's cool and all, but in a couple years it'll no longer be the fastest car around and you'll just have another Skyline. Might as well get a Corvette ZR-1 or something.

This is a question I love to ask guys that I just met: If I were to give you a certificate that you could redeem for any new car. Anything at all, The sky is the limit, What would that car be for you?

Exclusions:
Must be current year
You can not sell it

So........Whats YOUR Car?

Do they still make the Maserati MC12?

MC12, Enzo, CGT are all top choices, but I don't know if they are still produced.

LP640 or F430 for sure. Maybe an RR Phantom.

Back